thesmartclub - the world's largest independent club for all things smart thesmartclub - the world's largest independent club for all things smart thesmartclub shop - the world's largest independent club for all things smart
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Owned from new?

Default Owned from new?

We have owned our RC from new since 2003.

How many of you have owned your smart from new for more than 15 years and do you intend to keep them for the foreseeable?
    Efficiency is intelligent lazyness.

Default Re: Owned from new?

Bought my 450 Pulse in Nov 2002. Still going strong and bodywork is really good. Also have 66 plate 453 which is nice but doesnt have the character of my older Smart. Yes, i'm keeping it as long as it keeps going and no sign of it coming to an end anytime soon.

I've had my fortwo cabrio since new, purchased December 2005, done around 172,000 miles (276,000 km) to date. No plans to get rid or sell up.

Well looked after, passes an MOT every year without issues. Still on the original 698cc engine and gearbox. Some engine work was done about 10,000 miles ago owing to a failed timing chain tensioner.

I'm not a huge fan of the 451 or 453. I think it's missing some of the original character and charm of the original 450.

I have had my roadster just over 14 years. Bought when 9 months old. My 1998 450 4 1/2 years. Both keepers.

I think Tolsen must have the record on this?

Owned my first from Feb 2006 to Aug 2016 - would still have it now but it developed a fault that at the time had everyone scratching their heads, so I bought a replacement for it - though much of my original lives on in the current car as I transferred so much of it from one to the other.

Of my current 2 smarts, I've had my RC since about 15 months old and about 1 week old with my 453 forfour

"elle est belle, votre petite auto Monsieur"

Ive owned my 453 since the day after it was registered on February 20th 2019.
    2019 Smart Fortwo Prime Premium Cabrio A453 Turbo 900cc 90hp
    R-Link Evolution Sat Nav/DAB with Android Auto, Bluetooth, USB, SD, AUX
    Heated Seats, Electric Mirrors, Air Con
    6-Speed Dual Clutch Automatic
    Rear Parking Sensors
    White with 15 Alloys

Thread Information