thesmartclub - the world's largest independent club for all things smart thesmartclub - the world's largest independent club for all things smart thesmartclub shop - the world's largest independent club for all things smart
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Turbo boost

Default Turbo boost

A couple of weeks ago I took our RC out for a run to warm her through and charge the battery, under hard acceleration there was a whooshing sound and the power dropped off quite a lot. A visit to Smart-Technic in Birmingham revealed that a pipe to the intercooler had blown off.

So it was, thankfully, a cheap fix but the point is that I reckon the pipe may have been leaking for some time. The car is performing now as well as it did when it was new, pulling and accelerating really well .

I had thought for some time that the car was becoming a little less “sparky” than it used to be but I put that down to 80000 miles and perhaps a tired turbo but it is all back along with the waste gate chirrup that I remember from the first few years of ownership.

So if you think that you car runs and sounds OK but it isn’t as peppy as it used to be, this could be worth a check.
    Efficiency is intelligent lazyness.

Default Re: Turbo boost

Might be worth you posting this on www.theroadster.net
    There are virtually no Roadster owners left on the smartclub forums.

Thread Information