thesmartclub - the world's largest independent club for all things smart thesmartclub - the world's largest independent club for all things smart thesmartclub shop - the world's largest independent club for all things smart
+ Reply to Thread

Default Cheap 450 aircon condenser

If the aircon has lost its gas on a 450 it's quite likely to be due to a failed condenser. Available for 21.84 !

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/A-C-Air-C...o/332529214855

Unfortunately, r134a is now much more expensive that it used to be, and after replacing my condenser it cost 60 to get the system refilled.

Default Re: Cheap 450 aircon condenser

I bought one of those for my 451 after they said it was for a 451. It didn't fit so they wanted me to send it back during the lockdown so I told them it was not possible to do that. They insisted it was sent back in the original packaging, that was three boxes inside each other, the outer one being 2 metres by 1.3 metres by over 0.5 metres so a massive box.

They told me they would pick it up on the 8th of August (over three months later).

I could not get any sense out of them at all so opened a claim with ebay. Things changed and they picked it up within a few days.

They are the worst seller of car bits on the planet. Most of their stuff is really poor and they are less than honest. I have had several run-ins with them and not once have I successfully bought and been happy.

The advert still says it fits the 451.

Happy to say that mine did fit the 450, but sorry to hear they [carparts4less] are claiming it fits a 451. Generally I have had good service from them, although I did get frustrated when the sent me the wrong part, entirely their fault, and refused to dispatch the correct one until they had received the wrong back. Their courier also managed to turn a box onto its side that they had clearly marked "This way up" resulting in spillage of oil inside - courier's fault, not theirs, but they haven't replied to my emails of complaint.

So did yours arrive in a bungalow sized box?

I could not believe the size of it.

I do not believe they have the brain to reply to emails no matter how many you send, not once they have your money. It is a different game before you buy things.
    Last edited by Mjolinor; 9th August 2020 at 21:13.

I bought one to keep as a spare for my 1999 city coupe + passion and it came in a very big box with lots of packing so other that the size of the box being overkill, at least it didn't get damaged on it journey to me.

John

No packaging whatsoever in mine so every time you turned the box over the condenser fell at least a metre.

Thread Information