+ Reply to Thread

Default Convince my nice neighbour to use my smart!

How?

Her husband works a big commute away (car) ..they have 1 vehicle.
    We have "spares"
    She likes smarts (but not driven one.

Politeness means they've turned it down before.
    Our smart is insured, she's a pretty ok driver but rubbish on a push bike! (Never learnt).

She left @ 6.30 this am got back at 11 am from dropping him at work.... Crazy!
    (She's a teacher so on half term).

👍
    Last edited by Mr Gus; 22nd October 2019 at 08:35.
    Smart (450 city coupe 0.7 pulse) 2003 "vintage" 45KW / 61 HP (M160/1)
    E.V. Owner (Nissan leaf)
    E-Bike rider (lots of fun with knackered knees)
    17 snowboards (ish)
    Bitter drinker (not bitter)
    Cheapskate, Skateboarder,
    Old enough to know better.

Default Re: Convince my nice neighbour to use my smart!

I can't even persuade my wife to use mine. I have tried very hard for years, even went out with her driving explaining things several times but no way will she use it.

That's a real shame, ..my neighbour is a 1 car household, here in the countryside you are lost without a vehicle, ..too much needless pride from my neighbour maybe.
    E.V. Owner (Nissan leaf)
    17 snowboards (ish)

Oh, forgot to say, she came round to ask (yesterday) if I'd sell Moo as she may be changing her job much closer to home in the new year.

As reiterated she hasn't driven a 450 or a smart as far as I am aware (chats previously) ..I've offered to loan the car on the basis of being neighbourly, (& she's used to a much bigger & bonneted car) to see how she gets on with it.

Don't know if I could sell this little one.

Have decided to get down to Fudgesmart for the key cloning rather than umming & erring right now, ..just how randomly do they lose sync?

Update, I was looking at an OBDstar unit (not cheap) sent a message to the sales & service team asking a few questions which were totally ignored, ...this I summise means the DGAF about customer service ..this stuff is technical & cut-throat, what I did ascertain though was that they will not support kit from chinese re-sellers thinning the pack further as to what you buy how much you pay & how much "help" you'll get from chinglish customer service.

still looking for a capable affordable key cloning OBD with good software if anyone has had some thoughts

And thanks for the gearbox roundabout info, the wife transitioned it with aplomb when I read the forum advice back to her, ..guess she may have to teach my neighbour, not today though its windy as heck out there.

OFF TOPIC
    Plus point this weekend, several energy tariffs they were paying EV drivers to charge our vehicles there is so much wind which has taken the carbon cost per kilowatt hour of energy production down significantly too.
    Last edited by Mr Gus; 11th December 2019 at 17:29.
    E.V. Owner (Nissan leaf)
    17 snowboards (ish)

Thread Information