+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Non Air con 450 de-misting solution what's the best inner screen chemical?

The easiest way to fix the misting up problem is to find and fix any water leaks into your cabin.

Fix those and you'll not have any misting issues.

We ran 3x 450s, 1 with AC, 2 without - the only one that ever misted was the one that was leaking water in by the rear side windows. Once we fixed those leaks the misting stopped.

Default Re: Non Air con 450 de-misting solution what's the best inner screen chemical?

Hi, & thanks for the comments folks, it always gives me much to ruminate upon.

Bit more background, the wife suffers cold, ...via nerve pain & cramps.

I on the other hand don't feel much cold, so am too warm & steam up windows whilst the wife has the heater on max & I inevitably need to introduce some cold air (window) ..thus compounding "potential" problems.

Whilst I have fixed the leaky seal, I want to take pre-emptive measures based on "what if" scenario.

What if something else that *isn't* leaking currently suddenly starts? ie do I really want to be pulling out rear plastic windows to check if they've been d.i.y. sealed? (let non dripping sleeping dogs lie n' all that).

Thus the search for a decent better than 1980's inside window treatment that means we are not tempted to smear our hands all over the inside... (like the wife does).

All the talk on older plastic roofs has me also thinking I need a decent UV treatment for my sunroof too, crack prevention = leak prevention, I presume?
    New to Smart (450 city coupe 0.7 pulse)
    E.V. Owner (Nissan leaf)
    E-Bike rider (lots of fun with knackered knees)
    17 snowboards (ish)
    Bitter drinker (not bitter)
    Cheapskate, Skateboarder,
    Old enough to know better.

This may have no bearing at all. Maybe change the cabin filter. When I purchased my 450 three years ago all the inside windows always wet etc dripping. Heater would eventually clear but took forever. What really solved was changing said filter. Weighed filter it 2 1/2 times it's original weight!

Nope, perfectly valid angle to be coming from Honbeat ..appreciated.

Considering "paper / card" dampens with moisture & the known leaks within smart this could easily be a problem, I do recall the filter being changed with zero comment when "moo mole" was first acquired at its garage check up & my garage would have brought that up, ..not to say it couldn't have happened since though.

i'll put as recommended an electric dehumidifier in to vouchsafe for that slight carpet wetting from the OSF door seal & see if that helps get through the winter with less problems.

(I steam up our nissan leaf something terrible).
    New to Smart (450 city coupe 0.7 pulse)
    E.V. Owner (Nissan leaf)
    E-Bike rider (lots of fun with knackered knees)
    17 snowboards (ish)
    Bitter drinker (not bitter)
    Cheapskate, Skateboarder,
    Old enough to know better.

I keep mine garages when not in use. No misting problems.
    2004 Smart Fortwo Passion Cabrio, low miles, summer toy.
    2019 Fortwo Prime SE 900 - Gone, not missed.
    2019 Volvo XC90 T8 R Design, 400bhp hybrid insanity family wagon for the Wife.
    2019 Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription, my own personal scoot.

Thread Information