+ Reply to Thread

Angry 2003 smart 450 0.7 passion city coupe

Two items, i am looking for a fibre glass battery cover to fit under the carpet in the left hand footwell as mine has seen better days.
    I have also found a replacement sump pan with a drain plug can anyone fit this item at a reasonable cost?.

Many Thanks, Mick Newell.

Default Re: 2003 smart 450 0.7 passion city coupe

This is from a Smart Roadster site but the sump is the same as the 0.7 passion.
    And some pretty compelling reasons why you should not fit a sump with a drain plug...

http://www.theroadster.net/trc/modul...cle.php?id=195

That article is either out of date or doesn't apply to all aftermarket sumps. I fitted a sump with a drain plug to my Roady and ForTwo and the plug only sticks down a few mm, and inside the sump the threaded boss is welded to the sump by four little pillars which means all the oil can drain out. Quite a clever design really.

Smile Re: 2003 smart 450 0.7 passion city coupe

Thank you mikerj there is a story to this request.
    I bought this car new in July 2003 and at that time accessories were plentiful and i bought a replacement sump but it was never fitted, after keeping the car for 10 years as i was not using it and only 10,000 miles i sold it to Tony Williams who had it for 5 years and then put it up for sale to upgrade, so i bought it back last September with just over 42000 miles.
    Now as the car requires a full service and the sump is now starting to leak, i can now get the sump fitted at last.
    Also as luck would have it a 450 battery cover has appeared on e-bay this week so both my requests have been answered, a happy man.
    Mick Newell.

Is Tony getting it serviced for you then Mick? Saw he has it at the moment. Best spec 450 I have seen. Sunroof and even carpet on the rear hatch.

Thumbs up Re: 2003 smart 450 0.7 passion city coupe

Hi,
    Yes Tony is taking it to a smart repairer in Birmingham when they reopen after there holidays on 9th September.
    He is a good friend as he does not want me driving in the centre of Birmingham at my age of 83.

Mick Newell.

Thread Information