thesmartclub - the world's largest independent club for all things smart thesmartclub - the world's largest independent club for all things smart thesmartclub shop - the world's largest independent club for all things smart
+ Reply to Thread

Question Retro Fitting Options

I have been searching for a 453 for quite a while now but just can’t seem to find one with the spec I wanted along with the options. I have found a used 453 that has the spec I want except the Active Brake Assist and the Lane Keeping Assist options.

Does anyone know if the “Active Brake Assist” and the “Lane Keeping Assist” options can be retro fitted to a Prime Sport Premium Plus (automatic). I'm obviously hoping that the wiring loom and circuitry is already in place and just needs activating and the various switches and sensors added.

Default Re: Retro Fitting Options

Quote Originally Posted by TINYTOT1 View Post
    I have been searching for a 453 for quite a while now but just can’t seem to find one with the spec I wanted along with the options. I have found a used 453 that has the spec I want except the Active Brake Assist and the Lane Keeping Assist options.

Does anyone know if the “Active Brake Assist” and the “Lane Keeping Assist” options can be retro fitted to a Prime Sport Premium Plus (automatic). I'm obviously hoping that the wiring loom and circuitry is already in place and just needs activating and the various switches and sensors added.
    You mean forward collision warning (radar) ? (And all it is is a warning beep , it doesn’t brake for you.)
    You’ll find the parts for this very expensive to retrofit.

Same with the lane change camera and circuitry that’s hidden inside the bulge in front of the RV mirror.
    fq101.co.uk

Thank you for the reply, I thought as much, I was clutching at straws as usual.

I called it "Active Brake Assist" because that is what it is called in the brochure. There is no explanation as to it's function but I assumed by the name it was a crash avoidance system similar to other MB cars that breaks for you at low speed, should you not be paying attention at a roundabout and move off when the person in front starts to move off then stops, for example. Thank you for clarifying this is not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by TINYTOT1 View Post
    Thank you for the reply, I thought as much, I was clutching at straws as usual.

I called it "Active Brake Assist" because that is what it is called in the brochure. There is no explanation as to it's function but I assumed by the name it was a crash avoidance system similar to other MB cars that breaks for you at low speed, should you not be paying attention at a roundabout and move off when the person in front starts to move off then stops, for example. Thank you for clarifying this is not the case.
    I had a merc courtesy car (can’t remember the exact model) a couple of months ago for about 6 weeks which had the full fat version of this - and it’s quite good. A bit alarming when it first fires (and you didn’t know the car had it)

Somehow I doubt, on the smart version, if you’re not paying attention to the road then you’re not going to be paying attention to a small display icon (and a beep) either.

One can add a few features to the car like rain sensing wipers, with a bit of free software that you get on the internet, you still need to add a new stalk which is/was £70 iirc
    fq101.co.uk

Thread Information