+ Reply to Thread

Default Electric fortwo & forfour @ fullycharged show (silverstone) ..expensive farce

Oh smart, you dropped a b0110ck, block of led's, sound & 2 fully electric vehicles at the show yesterday, but the sole purpose was for the girls (without any product knowledge) to merely be there to gather emails for marketing purposes.

The boot of the EV for two was locked up citing "key fob battery being flat".

May as well have left them locked up in a supermarket car-park ...oh dear me yes!

I have no doubt those cube blocks cost a bomb, but it would be cheaper to have competent technically minded staff at the event, as a result the stand was possibly one of the least well visited & represented over the 4 hours I was & foot slogging (dodgy knee) outside.

A real shame, & one i've seen smart participate before & it mirrored this experience also I wanted to get some info, & was hoping new product, new enthusiasm ...the girls were huddled within the recesses of the cube (it was a bit windy).

why bother if you aren't even going to try?
    New to Smart (450 city coupe 0.7 pulse)
    E.V. Owner (Nissan leaf)
    E-Bike rider (lots of fun with knackered knees)
    17 snowboards (ish)
    Bitter drinker (not bitter)
    Cheapskate, Skateboarder,
    Old enough to know better.

Default Re: Electric fortwo & forfour @ fullycharged show (silverstone) ..expensive farce

I agree, it was a shame to see smart advertising the EQ fortwo and forfour on a small stand all by itself. I thought they could have at least chosen some bright colours to attract the attention of potential new customers, instead of an all-black fortwo and a white and black forfour.

The other manufacturers (BMW, Renault, Nissan, Tesla, Kia and Jaguar) were altogether elsewhere and all had decent displays undercover out of the rain, with plenty of people looking in and around the cars on display.

A missed opportunity I think, especially given the others were offering (albeit limited) test drives on the day too.

Default Re: Electric fortwo & forfour @ fullycharged show (silverstone) ..expensive farce

Did you see the black twizy that had been upgraded? ...had a type 2 charger socket on it instead of a 3 pin plug, think he said 20 minute charge time. 👍 simple job to do too
    E.V. Owner (Nissan leaf)
    17 snowboards (ish)

I'd love a Twizy, but i'm not renting a battery from Renfault. Their loss.
    2004 Smart Fortwo Passion Cabrio, low miles, summer toy.
    2019 Fortwo Prime SE 900 - Gone, not missed.
    2019 Volvo XC90 T8 R Design, 400bhp hybrid insanity family wagon for the Wife.
    2019 Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription, my own personal scoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    I'd love a Twizy, but i'm not renting a battery from Renfault. Their loss.
    That is what stops me. That rental though is a big question mark. If you buy one and don't agree to the rental but do get the battery I do not think they can do anything, the breaking of the contract is with the guy that sold it, not you.

That's the same train of thought I heard from a guy who was rich enough to contest it (the rest of us would probably cave) ..but would like to read the contract myself to see what I made of it.

Italy would be your best bet (according to the rich guy) as they really don't give a damn (apparently).

& I thought the 450 was "crashy" over speed bumps.
    E.V. Owner (Nissan leaf)
    17 snowboards (ish)

Thread Information