+ Reply to Thread

Default Replacement pipes

Hello all, I am pretty new to smart cars and need some help please

Can anyone point me in the right direction to order two new pipes, I dont know what they are called but both are damaged

1 is the smaller one
    2 is a bigger pipe (on my car the previous owner looks like they cut it too short)

any help with a URL link on best place to purchase would be great

thanks

Stew
    Attached Images

Default Re: Replacement pipes

Smart dealer parts department is the first port of call, take your picture with you.

Any decent parts person are quite adept at identifying parts , itís what they do all day long..

If you want to search out the part number for them, then look up the part on http://www.ilcats.ru/smart/?function...=F&language=en

But really, just go to your local merc/smart parts department and let them do the leg work
    Last edited by TheAlmostInvisibleMan; 4th June 2019 at 15:13.
    fq101.co.uk

Going to have a problem getting to my nearest which will be Lincoln i guess.

I have no car - hence me wanting to order the parts and fit

Maybe ring them, ask for parts and then suggest you email the photo in so he can research for you
    fq101.co.uk

Both pipes are part of the secondary air injection system which is an emissions control system to heat up the catalytic converter more quickly after a cold start.

The larger pipe connects the output of the electric air blower (mounted on the subframe to right of the engine) to the secondary air valve. The air valve is vacuum operated, and the vacuum is supplied by the smaller pipe in your pictures. There is nothing special about the small vacuum hose, you could replace it with a piece of generic rubber or silicone vacuum hose of the correct inside diameter (remove old and measure), most motor factors and even Halfords sell this. The air hose will be a Smart/Mercedes only part unless you get a good secondhand one.

There are online EPCs for Smarts, but last time I tried looking I couldn't find any of the secondary air injection parts listed.

thanks everyone

Thread Information