+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Broke down this morning ...

It has been a while since I had one apart but IIRC:

There are two DC motors, the connections are brought out so you should be able to make either motor rotate either way by connecting the correct wires on the connector to a 12 volt source. You can work out which connections by rotating the motor manually and measuring the voltage on the pins till you find the pair that are producing voltage.

The other connections on the plug are Hall effect output so you should get pulses on them when the motors rotate.

If you are back to the wall I will have look at it for you but I would rather not, it will take some time and I am busy. If you do bring it then clean it first.

Default Re: Broke down this morning ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    It has been a while since I had one apart but IIRC:

There are two DC motors, the connections are brought out so you should be able to make either motor rotate either way by connecting the correct wires on the connector to a 12 volt source. You can work out which connections by rotating the motor manually and measuring the voltage on the pins till you find the pair that are producing voltage.

The other connections on the plug are Hall effect output so you should get pulses on them when the motors rotate.

If you are back to the wall I will have look at it for you but I would rather not, it will take some time and I am busy. If you do bring it then clean it first.
    Thanks John.
    My garage's problem apparently seems to be that my car seems reluctant to talk to STAR while it's showing the 3 lines on the dash

Thread Information