+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Dog transportation

Cheers will check that out too. The cage we have for him in the house is too big, just!

To be honest with his bed in the back he has just started laying down now. He's not tethered incase of any hard braking or a crash though..

Molly the Mutt just sits in the passenger footwell ..... I tried her in the boot once but she wasn't having any of it ... she's reluctant to get in the 451 at the best of times (I think she's embarrassed )

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos28 View Post
    Cheers will check that out too. The cage we have for him in the house is too big, just!

To be honest with his bed in the back he has just started laying down now. He's not tethered incase of any hard braking or a crash though..
    Hi I don't know if its true or not if you are in an accident and your dog is loose you can't claim on your insurance or its invalid or something... I am sure someone will put me right it that's wrong.

the whys & wherefores are open to debate (in need of verification with insurers) technically an animal that is behind a bar section is contained, "technically" as it cannot access the main cabin.

However it is also expedient to know that animals (however many heartstrings they pull as a member of a family) are in law only deemed "property" which when you boil it down to cold hard cash is like for like on a new animal.

Don't get me started on vets losing multiple pups needlessly (death by neglect) as per the Cromwell vet practise (ad a non admission of guilt with a tentative "sorry"

When it comes to animal rights there are very few, less so in the event of a car accident, check your policy as to whether an injured animal would even be covered as an "occupant".

I'm not a fan of an additionally tied to the vehicle collar restraint to an already partitioned animal.
    New to Smart (450 city coupe 0.7 pulse)
    E.V. Owner (Nissan leaf)
    E-Bike rider (lots of fun with knackered knees)
    17 snowboards (ish)
    Bitter drinker (not bitter)
    Cheapskate, Skateboarder,
    Old enough to know better.

Thread Information