+ Reply to Thread

Default kenwood DNX8220BT no sub sound

I have just finished installing a Kenwood DNX8220BT to Marcie, its been sat waiting for a while but now shes in. I need to tap into the forum knowledge base though.

For some reason the underseat sub is not working. I reconnected the previous Smart unit and its fine, plug the Kenwood in and no dice. that tells me there is nothing wrong with the wiring, as it orks with the Smart unit. I have tried all the settings I can find on the Kenwood thinking its just a balance/fader thing as Marcie only has 2 door and 2 dash speakers, but still nothing. Can anyone help please.

Default Re: kenwood DNX8220BT no sub sound

Have you checked via page 62,63 and 64 for the correct sub settings for your car/setup?

http://manual.kenwood.com/en_content...oad/1000006496
    fq101.co.uk

and page 102
    fq101.co.uk

Good call at least you didn't just say RTFM
    Many thanks

I looked at the setting as per the manual, still no dice. So I took the stereo out and checked the wiring, it was all correct, so as I maneuvered the stereo to put it back in, I noticed a wire that moved differently, it was the remote power lead to the sub. On inspection I saw that as it was one of the wires I had to re-pin I had not bend the locking tab back out and when connecting it up originally it simply moved out of place. So all back together and working as it should.
    Many thanks for your help

Thread Information