+ Reply to Thread

Default EML on, caused by SRS/airbag?

Hi all
    can the srs/airbag/pretensioner wiring under the seats of an 02 450 put the EML on? Just had mine come on after stuffing satnav under seat! Wots the best obd to use to find out? Thanx.

Default Re: EML on, caused by SRS/airbag?

Delphi or Wurth WOW are the cheapest around 25. You have to correct whatever wiring fault there is and erase fault code.

Hi Tolly,, I note there is an airbag light of its own, not on, so think I'm misleading meself- just coincidence it was only noticed after I put the satnav right under the seat well out of view. Going to have a go with me delphi, if get the thing to work now. keeps asking to activate, but have nobbled net access on the lappy for obvious reasons. I will post back if I get any codes today or tomorrow, bte wiring all looks ok below seat and can find nowt amiss there. EML is not for srs airbags etc anyway, is it? Cheers n beers.

It would put the airbag light on, but not the EML.

The EML is an emissions light - so if that is on then it means the engine isn't running correctly, or the lambda sensor is failing.

It's an engine Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL), not an EML. It won't just alert you to faults within the engine management system itself, but will also alert you to mechanical faults outside the system, the symptoms of which the management has detected.

Many things, such as crank angle sensor, boost/inlet pressure sensor, TPS, SAM, ZEE or loom issues, mechanical issues that present signals outside of expected parameters, ad nauseum, can set it off, the majority of which which have little or nothing to do with emissions.

But in this case you can be reassured that SRS issues won't illuminate it.
    Last edited by Chopper; 15th April 2019 at 12:16.
    2004 Smart Fortwo Passion Cabro, low miles, commuting scoot.
    2019 Volvo XC90 T8, 400bhp hybrid insanity family wagon.
    1991 Yamaha FZR600 3HE7 Kocinski edition, owned since new.
    8 x bicycles. What can I say, I like bikes!

Got delphi on it.Turned out it was MAP error, cleared it (light went out before anyway),, tho' fault code won't vanish from software page, but it reports no codes present. Cheap Chinese software don't work right from day one anyway, but in this case it did what I wanted. Thanx everyone.

Software for Delphi and Wurth WoW is Swedish, not cheap China.

Both made by Swedish Autocom.

Thread Information