thesmartclub - the world's largest independent club for all things smart thesmartclub - the world's largest independent club for all things smart thesmartclub shop - the world's largest independent club for all things smart
+ Reply to Thread

Default GPS week number rollover

I came across this accidently while looking around on Tomtom:
    From the site:
    "The GPS Week Number Rollover (WNRO) occurs every 19 years, with the next roll over taking place on 6 April 2019. Similar to odometers in older cars rolling over from 99,999 km to 0, the GPS WNRO is the resetting of the GPS calendar back to 0.

When the calendar resets, it can cause a miscommunication between GPS satellites and GPS receiver chips. As a result, some chips in satnavs will lose the ability to process certain functions.

What does this mean for you? Its time to check your satnav. Depending on your device, you may need to update or upgrade."

To get to the update:
    1. Connect your PC to "smart media connect"
    2. Click on the grey icon next to the smart brand mark in upper right to go to Tomtom support.
    The icon has a ? and turns green when you select it.
    3. On top of next page there is a heading info about the rollover. Click on it then select the picture of the smart media system to get to the update.
    I have done this on mine ok.
    Bjorn

Default Re: GPS week number rollover

It is nothing to be bothered about and in truth it could be another 19 years before this rollover affects your GPS.

https://www.spirent.com/blogs/positi...-rollover-week

Thread Information