+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 53
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    863

    Default Re: Smart Media System & iPhone XR

    Well my USB must be working ok as it allows me to connect to my iPhone over USB, Im not to fussed as Ive spent half an hour transferring those mp3 files to my iPhone and recreating the playlists in iTunes.

    When I receive that new 64GB USB memory stick Ill test it out just to see but Im not holding my breath.
    2019 Smart Fortwo Prime Premium Cabrio A453 Turbo 900cc 90hp
    R-Link Evolution Sat Nav/DAB with Android Auto, Bluetooth, USB, SD, AUX
    Heated Seats, Electric Mirrors, Air Con
    6-Speed Dual Clutch Automatic
    Rear Parking Sensors
    White with 15 Alloys

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    863

    Default Re: Smart Media System & iPhone XR

    I was just wondering, would one of you guys who can play mp3 from a USB memory stick send me an mp3 file that plays on your system so I can check whether my files are at fault.

    I can give you my Gmail email address which has 15GB storage space, just the one file would do.

    Thanks in advance.
    2019 Smart Fortwo Prime Premium Cabrio A453 Turbo 900cc 90hp
    R-Link Evolution Sat Nav/DAB with Android Auto, Bluetooth, USB, SD, AUX
    Heated Seats, Electric Mirrors, Air Con
    6-Speed Dual Clutch Automatic
    Rear Parking Sensors
    White with 15 Alloys

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    1,274

    Default Re: Smart Media System & iPhone XR

    Am .mp3 is an .mp3, if it plays on computer then it should play on Smart Media.
    Steve

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    863

    Default Re: Smart Media System & iPhone XR

    Why does it say "no multimedia content found". I doubt there is anything wrong with my Smart Media Systems USB so its either something to do with my files or the memory stick itself?
    2019 Smart Fortwo Prime Premium Cabrio A453 Turbo 900cc 90hp
    R-Link Evolution Sat Nav/DAB with Android Auto, Bluetooth, USB, SD, AUX
    Heated Seats, Electric Mirrors, Air Con
    6-Speed Dual Clutch Automatic
    Rear Parking Sensors
    White with 15 Alloys

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    376

    Default Re: Smart Media System & iPhone XR

    Quote Originally Posted by SMARTLY View Post
    Am .mp3 is an .mp3, if it plays on computer then it should play on Smart Media.
    That isn't actually true. There are a lot of variations within, the most obvious being the bit rate which can be many fixed, variable and other types. So it's possible that the encoder and/or settings niel has used are incompatible.
    2016, ForTwo cabriolet, 900 turbo, DCT, Prime Premium, unmodified.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    376

    Default Re: Smart Media System & iPhone XR

    Quote Originally Posted by nlel View Post
    I was just wondering, would one of you guys who can play mp3 from a USB memory stick send me an mp3 file that plays on your system so I can check whether my files are at fault.

    I can give you my Gmail email address which has 15GB storage space, just the one file would do.

    Thanks in advance.
    She's just gone out for a while, but later on I'll test a couple of tracks on our stick and then fetch them off for you. I'll also try and find out what settings I used to encode (they are mostly ripped from CDs). I might try a bought track (usually Amazon) too if I can find one.
    2016, ForTwo cabriolet, 900 turbo, DCT, Prime Premium, unmodified.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    863

    Default Re: Smart Media System & iPhone XR

    Quote Originally Posted by dpmike View Post
    She's just gone out for a while, but later on I'll test a couple of tracks on our stick and then fetch them off for you. I'll also try and find out what settings I used to encode (they are mostly ripped from CDs). I might try a bought track (usually Amazon) too if I can find one.
    Ok that would be fantastic, I've private messaged you with my email address.
    Last edited by nlel; 12th March 2019 at 13:42.
    2019 Smart Fortwo Prime Premium Cabrio A453 Turbo 900cc 90hp
    R-Link Evolution Sat Nav/DAB with Android Auto, Bluetooth, USB, SD, AUX
    Heated Seats, Electric Mirrors, Air Con
    6-Speed Dual Clutch Automatic
    Rear Parking Sensors
    White with 15 Alloys

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    376

    Default Re: Smart Media System & iPhone XR

    Quote Originally Posted by nlel View Post
    Ok that would be fantastic, I've private messaged you with my email address.
    OK, sent. Total is about 12MB (three tracks). If you have trouble receiving them let me know and I'll send them individually.
    2016, ForTwo cabriolet, 900 turbo, DCT, Prime Premium, unmodified.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    863

    Default Re: Smart Media System & iPhone XR

    Quote Originally Posted by dpmike View Post
    OK, sent. Total is about 12MB (three tracks). If you have trouble receiving them let me know and I'll send them individually.
    Thanks for the files Mike. I think you are right and that its the flash drive as it doesn't say "USB connected" just "USB detected" then "No Multimedia Content Found" it just did the same thing again with your mp3 files on it.

    I've got another flash drive on order with Amazon so I'll try with that. Thanks for going out of your way to help me.
    2019 Smart Fortwo Prime Premium Cabrio A453 Turbo 900cc 90hp
    R-Link Evolution Sat Nav/DAB with Android Auto, Bluetooth, USB, SD, AUX
    Heated Seats, Electric Mirrors, Air Con
    6-Speed Dual Clutch Automatic
    Rear Parking Sensors
    White with 15 Alloys

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    376

    Default Re: Smart Media System & iPhone XR

    OK. Hopefully the new drive will work.
    2016, ForTwo cabriolet, 900 turbo, DCT, Prime Premium, unmodified.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts