thesmartclub - the world's largest independent club for all things smart thesmartclub - the world's largest independent club for all things smart thesmartclub shop - the world's largest independent club for all things smart
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default Smart media TomTom update.

I've had an email from TomTom to carry out a critical update by the 6th April 2019. Has anyone else had this and carried out the update?

Default Re: Smart media TomTom update.

Ps... I've heard back from TomTom in answer to me querying the validity of the email and its legit.

Yes I've had one too

Update done which was very easy. A lot of people ain't going to be happy when their TomTom goes tits up!!

I read today that this update affects 25k+ vehicles in the UK, is nobody else interested?

It can affect all sorts of GPS that isn't web connected and which doesn't self update, but few seem to care. No one seems able to give a straight answers as to how badly the date discrepnacy affects accuracy. If it's only a loss of resolution of a metre or two it matters little. It its half a mile, kr even an inability to get a lock at all, it starts to get a bit annoying.

Edit - according to Garmin, navigation and location will function as normal. It's stuff like estimated journey times, arrival time, displayed clock times etc, which rely on the correct clock time which will be affected. Navigation and location instead relies on differences in timing between signals from multiple satellites and this, they say, will remain unaffected. If that's corrects it might not be quite as irksome as I'd thought.
    Last edited by Chopper; 30th March 2019 at 06:46.
    The difference between good and great is nothing more than effort and commitment.

Thread Information