+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Water ingress in footwells around centre console

Hmm. Looked on Evilution and found the location of the cruciform hose. Didn't manage to reach it by turning the wheel, the arch liner was in the way. Took the grille off and foglight out and could nearly reach it, took the front panel off and that gave me a slightly bigger opening at the foglight position - reached the hose and the end is not blocked. Maybe there's a blockage further up the pipe but it wasn't obvious how to get at it, and I didn't want to dismantle any further today as I need it running in the morning.

So I think I'll try more dismantling from inside the cabin next.

Nothing to dismantle in the car.

Did you try putting s screwdriver or something similar up the rubber one way valve? The hole for it is in the interior filters tray.
    If you find the flap valve / grill to divert air into the cabin and you discover water in there, you can drill a small hole to let the water out into a jar or something. That is actually what the one way valve is for on the outside of the firewall.

Are you losing coolant? That is the only other source of liquid to that part of the car. Possibly faulty heater matrix, or faulty joint of faulty pipe. Dismantling the Dash and center console is not difficult, but is time consuming.

John

Thanks. I don't think I've found the right flap valve / grill to divert air into the cabin yet - I've poked around the centre where the air emerges, and found the flap that diverts air to the footwell or the dash, but not found any water so need to have a better look and fully understand what's there.

Thread Information