+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Hello, new (old) 450 model owner

2016, ForTwo cabriolet, 900 turbo, DCT, Prime Premium, unmodified.

Ha-ha, my kindle was confused, between Empirical (reality) Vampire, & parasitic ..clearly wasn't awake (well, was squinting through one open eye) whilst suffering reverse altitude sickness, ..too long at altitude dropping down to flat lands.
    New to Smart (450 city coupe 0.7 pulse)
    E.V. Owner (Nissan leaf)
    E-Bike rider (lots of fun with knackered knees)
    17 snowboards (ish)
    Bitter drinker (not bitter)
    Cheapskate, Skateboarder,
    Old enough to know better.

Today being warm I nipped out between bouts of dizziness & finally changed the failing gas struts, ..thanks evilution, the walkthrough to this numpty was invaluable.

Now I just need to locate a video of someone replacing leaky will seals & all will be well.you
    (The bits i have read confuse the hell out of me with regards to theory of a seal being piped along a surface)
    Checked the battery voltage, holding steady @14.5v ..momentarily down to 11 for the starter motor requirements & back up & holding, de-sulph cycle registered as negligible & ran for an hour only.

Interior rear light good now it's led, correct front dash light ordered.
    Need to order a dash-cam cable as the aukey i had replaced under warranty seems to be working again so may as well utilise the spare (misplaced lead), may I anticipate any problems routing cable behind interior of us it straightforward? (Singular camera only, no rear cam).

Noted a tiny bit of moisture in the boots, high level brake light, leave or take apart & renovate any seal I find?

I'm falling for this little car.
    Last edited by Mr Gus; 21st January 2019 at 14:08.
    E.V. Owner (Nissan leaf)
    17 snowboards (ish)

Now I just need to locate a video of someone replacing leaky will seals
    Leaky what now ??

As for your rear boot moisture , have you checked:
    https://www.fq101.co.uk/how-to-guide...uarter-windows
    fq101.co.uk

*hates* auto "correct"

Sill rubber (door, the usual one)
    I read a thread here (as you do) & it was akin to the CD white noise I used to play to get rid of visitors to my workshop ...pictures always help me out, cars are really not my thing sadly, tried to avoid them till electric came of age.
    E.V. Owner (Nissan leaf)
    17 snowboards (ish)

Well, I tried.

Under advice to call smart for a price "you may be surprised" ...sheesh, was I ever, the rubber door seal via smart = "The door seal for the smart is £50.28 inc VAT"

Not impressed, weighing it up with internet goods via china for around £8.00 ..profit i'm fine with but not highway robbery, ...disappointing to say the least.
    E.V. Owner (Nissan leaf)
    17 snowboards (ish)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Gus View Post
    Well, I tried.

Under advice to call smart for a price "you may be surprised" ...sheesh, was I ever, the rubber door seal via smart = "The door seal for the smart is £50.28 inc VAT"

Not impressed, weighing it up with internet goods via china for around £8.00 ..prtofit i'm fine with but not highway robbery, ...disappointing to say the least.
    Sometimes itís a nice surprise , so donít give up on just checking next time you want a part ,.... itís only a phone call away.

Youíd be surprised how many people just jump on ebay and pay over the odds for a part (any brand come to think of it)
    Some ebay sellers have a business model of buying at a normal price from a dealer and selling with a markup.

Iíve just ordered a PCB for a workmate from Pana, the brand new part is £16+vat, heís been paying £20 for second hand !!!
    Last edited by TheAlmostInvisibleMan; 5th February 2019 at 15:55.
    fq101.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by TheAlmostInvisibleMan View Post
    Sometimes itís a nice surprise , so donít give up on just checking next time you want a part ,.... itís only a phone call away.

Youíd be surprised how many people just jump on ebay and pay over the odds for a part (any brand come to think of it)
    Some ebay sellers have a business model of buying at a normal price from a dealer and selling with a markup.

Iíve just ordered a PCB for a workmate from Pana, the brand new part is £16+vat, heís been paying £20 for second hand !!!
    The biggest problem with making that call is the number of friggin questions they ask now. Not as easy as "door seal for 2004 smart", they want reg number, name, address etc etc they are all absolutely hopeless now.

Itís a phone call, and a reg number (this is only to filter down to the right parts on their system to make the search easier) and your surname.

Whatís difficult ?

I just did it all in person on Monday as it happens , and he just wanted my reg number and surname.... and we were off

The biggest delay was the fact they have to start up three different systems apparently, one to get the part number, one to check U.K. (and their ) stock, the next to check main stock
    Last edited by TheAlmostInvisibleMan; 5th February 2019 at 16:26.
    fq101.co.uk

I agree, (with you both).

However I state "privacy is an issue" so no details other than ones salient to this as a potential order.
    I'll give you the reg*.
    You don't need my name*.
    You don't need my Number*
    You certainly don't need a back up number*
    You may take my email for one time use only*.

I just need a price in order to make a decision.
    Respect my privacy, & thank you for your time.

* indicates details they wanted to proceed.

Modern corporate is both nosey & overly hungry for your data.

NB for all the data folk often try to scalp off you, they are typically wary of giving anything other than their first name & get shirty if pushed for more detail.
    Last edited by Mr Gus; 5th February 2019 at 16:51.
    E.V. Owner (Nissan leaf)
    17 snowboards (ish)

Thread Information