+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16

Default Re: New c453 budget of £16,000

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Gus View Post
    Actually chopper has a good point, the second battery is a diddy one, different chemistry & often ball achingly expensive to replace...
    Yep, my 5 month old car has had one new battery already. The tech was quite chatty, one tech to another (ex tech), and I was only relaying what he told me. It is possible mine had sat a few months on the forecourt, which never does batteries any good, but £4500 off the price of a new one for the sake of a piffling 900 miles was too tempting. The warranty still works

Quote Originally Posted by nlel View Post
    I think Iíll go with what dpmike says as he actually owns one of these cars...
    I have one too, so that remark seems rather odd? Perhaps I don't look honest enough for you? I'm quite hurt!

No wait, I'm better now!
    Last edited by Chopper; 6th July 2019 at 22:56.
    2004 Smart Fortwo Passion Cabrio, low miles, relegated to summer fun.
    2019 Fortwo Prime SE 900 - Dacia powered commuting scoot.
    2019 Volvo XC90 T8, 400bhp hybrid insanity family wagon.
    1991 Yamaha FZR600 3HE7 Kocinski edition, owned since new.

Noticed my first bit of cosmetic damage, sucks that my car is no longer in showroom condition...

Just a little graze on the left wing mirror.
    2019 Smart Fortwo Prime Premium Cabrio A453 Turbo 900cc 90hp
    Smart Modified R-Link Evolution Sat Nav/DAB with Android Auto, Bluetooth, USB, SD & AUX
    6-Speed Dual Clutch Automatic
    Heated Seats & Air Con
    Rear Parking Sensors
    White with 15Ē Alloys

Iíve had a look at other cars and Iíd say at least 30% have some kind of scrape on their wing mirrors.

Put in £ 25.04 of petrol yesterday to fill her right up, last time I put in just £ 23.66 to top up. Iíd obviously eaten into the remaining 3 bars a bit more this time.

It dropped to 3 bars after only 4 miles so drove the remaining 19 miles on the 3 bars. Last time I didnít go so far on the 3 bars.

So after all Iíve found out my 453 lasts 11 weeks before the 3 bar top up and my 451 lasted 10 weeks before 3 bar top up. Not a lot of difference but good to know the 453 is just as economical.
    Smart Modified R-Link Evolution Sat Nav/DAB with Android Auto, Bluetooth, USB, SD & AUX
    Heated Seats & Air Con
    Rear Parking Sensors
    White with 15Ē Alloys

I check mine every two weeks with a Michelin double barrel foot pump which has a digital display and I've never seen the TPMS warning light.
    Just did my every two week tyre pressure check.

Rear Right...

Rear Right Corrected...

Front Right...

Front Left...

Front Left Corrected...

Sorry about these last two the flash went off making it harder to read.

Rear Left...

Rear Left Corrected...

Last edited by nlel; 9th July 2019 at 13:56.
    Heated Seats & Air Con
    Rear Parking Sensors
    White with 15Ē Alloys

Iíve not used the cars Air Conditioning since the car was delivered to me new on 20th February 2019 but now I want to use it so I donít lose it.

Just checked and itís still blowing out nice cold air but I understand that running the Air Conditioning has an effect on fuel consumption.

How much extra fuel are we talking? I suppose itís a good time to test as Iíve just topped up with petrol so I can see how long it lasts me in comparison to before when I wasnít using it.

I guess itís best to use it in auto mode and select the temperature you want by sliding the knob from left to right. I notice if you press any other buttons it disables auto mode.

What position do you set yours to, fully left or somewhere in between?
    Last edited by nlel; 11th July 2019 at 16:50.
    Heated Seats & Air Con
    Rear Parking Sensors
    White with 15Ē Alloys

Yes, the aircon puts load on the engine and will use more fuel. How much depends on many factors, but really it's not going to be much. If I have the windows open or the top down I turn the HVAC off since trying to heat/cool Hampshire is going to be silly. Otherwise I just have it on to be comfortable and safe (as in misty windows in cooler weather).

I guess itís best to use it in auto mode and select the temperature you want by sliding the knob from left to right.
    Depends on how masculine you are. Many blokes won't have an auto, or anything in 'auto' because they must feel 'in control' at all times. (I was really pleased on a recent flight to hear our pilots were both female - I felt much safer.)

I notice if you press any other buttons it disables auto mode.
    Yep. Generally speaking if you push anything other than auto you are saying you aren't happy with auto and want to do it yourself.

What position do you set yours to, fully left or somewhere in between?
    I set it to the temperature I want, which varies a little. If it's warm out and sunny then 21ish, in winter maybe 23 (SWMBO 25). Fully either way will result in you either freezing or roasting
    2016, ForTwo cabriolet, 900 turbo, DCT, Prime Premium, unmodified.

Quote Originally Posted by dpmike View Post

I set it to the temperature I want, which varies a little. If it's warm out and sunny then 21ish, in winter maybe 23 (SWMBO 25). Fully either way will result in you either freezing or roasting
    When you set it to blow warm air does it take awhile to heat up?
    Heated Seats & Air Con
    Rear Parking Sensors
    White with 15Ē Alloys

When you set it to blow warm air does it take awhile to heat up?
    Yeah. Same as almost any car the engine needs to warm the water a bit before you can warm the air with it.

Iíve set mine to 21 as you suggested. Going to leave it on all the time from now on.
    Heated Seats & Air Con
    Rear Parking Sensors
    White with 15Ē Alloys

And before you have a panic, don't be surprised to see a little water under the car sometimes. It's probably just from the a/c drain (the a/c dehumidifies as part of cooling).

I don't know where the drain is on the Smart, but it's likely to be between the foot-wells.

Thread Information