+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Default Re: Electric Smart Test Drive

Yes, I saw that (with pleasure) but it's all too little too late I think.

It's when you go to Norway (as I did some 20 +/- years ago in Oslo the amount of "buddy" cars that were hooked up & charging in snowy streets really made me think how different the outlook was, even back then, we are still picking our wounds where e.v. Is concerned due to the BS the private school BBC buffoons of top-gear caused.

The Norwegians (Oslo also well served by tram system) understand "short range"second vehicle use back then but fitted the buddy (smart-esque in size) with woeful lead acid tech, which has now been nigh on discarded as the adoption of big multi tasking e.v. Is everywhere, & catered for, even the new buddy (li-ion) was having a hard time price vs production, looks & techies compared to the rest of what is now out there, which may have parallels with smart sales, except for the global network for smart vs the limited Scandinavian network of the "buddy"

I may still source my diy Powerwall batteries from there as the weather (crashes) means li-ion battery packs are / were cheap & plentiful to use for secondary repurposing, transportation being the hardest part.

Peak ICE we thought we had seen before when the economic crash resulted in Americans swapping big trucks for ...smaller trucks less mileage driven & suv's ..but it bounced back in sales & stupidity, so until there is another 5 years of steady data in, ..eye it as a possibility not a certainty for now.
    New to Smart (450 city coupe 0.7 pulse)
    E.V. Owner (Nissan leaf)
    17 snowboards (ish)
    Bitter drinker (not bitter)
    Cheapskate, Skateboarder,
    Old enough to know better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Gus View Post
    Peak ICE we thought we had seen before when the economic crash resulted in Americans swapping big trucks for ...smaller trucks less mileage driven & suv's ..but it bounced back in sales & stupidity, so until there is another 5 years of steady data in, ..eye it as a possibility not a certainty for now.
    Not peak ICE, peak ALL cars (new sales). They believe that ICE sales will fall faster than EV sales rise. Given the current trend for millennials (and similar) to live in cities and not own a car this does make some sense.
    2016, ForTwo cabriolet, 900 turbo, DCT, Prime Premium, unmodified.

Must be a few charts around, the main one I saw was charting petrol, diesel, hybrid, pure electric etc..& the dropped percentage points that made up the cluster of car sales overall, will try to locate it. & the Norway one for comparison.

Nb. not owning a car whilst living in a city does not exclude car ownership over a lifetime but I get the idea.
    Last edited by Mr Gus; 9th January 2019 at 15:51.
    New to Smart (450 city coupe 0.7 pulse)
    E.V. Owner (Nissan leaf)
    17 snowboards (ish)
    Bitter drinker (not bitter)
    Cheapskate, Skateboarder,
    Old enough to know better.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread Information