+ Reply to Thread

Default Need help to remove a bit of trim

Hello everybody,
    I have bought 'Urban Arches' for my 453, but I can't fit them due to needing a small piece of trim removed on the rear wheel arches on both sides of the car.
    If you have a look at the photos below, they show the trim quite clearly from a few angles.
    There are 3 wee clips on them, but I don't see if they are what's holding the trim on, or if they're for something else.
    There's also a screw off towards the middle of the car, but these look to be for something else, maybe arch liners.
    I'd rather ask first than try to force something I don't understand, or wrongly remove a screw and cause a separate problem.
    Any help would be very much appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Dennis
    Attached Images

Default Re: Need help to remove a bit of trim

Hi,
    You are not supposed to remove the "trim".
    If you look closely at the part of the urban arches that is supposed to go on
    at this position, you will see that there is a molded in depression to make
    it fit over the "trim". The depression is a bit narrow so it does not fit as a glove,
    but it will work. I installed this option on my 453 a year ago, and it has been fine
    all the time since.
    Bjorn

There are eight distinctly different pieces of Fortwo urban arch (and there are eight more for the Forfour)
    You need to know you’ve got the exact part for that corner
    fq101.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn View Post
    Hi,
    You are not supposed to remove the "trim".
    If you look closely at the part of the urban arches that is supposed to go on
    at this position, you will see that there is a molded in depression to make
    it fit over the "trim". The depression is a bit narrow so it does not fit as a glove,
    but it will work. I installed this option on my 453 a year ago, and it has been fine
    all the time since.
    Bjorn
    Hello Bjorn
    First, I am sorry about the delay in responding. For some reason the reply notifications haven't made it to my email address, so I thought that nobody had replied.
    Yes, I had noticed the depression, however by test fitting it, it seemed like it might push the arch out a bit and give it a bit of a bulge. Knowing that you have noticed the same, but made yours fit and work properly, you have given me the confidence to go ahead and fit fully. Thank you.
    Dennis
    Last edited by DennisB; 25th October 2018 at 14:13.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAlmostInvisibleMan View Post
    There are eight distinctly different pieces of Fortwo urban arch (and there are eight more for the Forfour)
    You need to know you’ve got the exact part for that corner
    Yes, thank you, I do have them set-out correctly. And yes, I have the correct part numbers. Took me a wee while to work it out blind, but I got there.

Fitted them, and they look great. So happy I bought them now.

Thread Information