+ Reply to Thread

Default Exterior door panel removal help?

Does anyone have any links or a guide on how to replace the exterior panel on a 453?
    (there are a couple on older models, albeit not very good on Youtube but none for the 453 ). I've been quoted 2 hrs labour.

Default Re: Exterior door panel removal help?

Whilst I’ve done the 450 and 451 several times in the past, I’ve not had the need to remove the door panels on my 453 as yet.

Although as the warranty just expired in the last couple of week , and as I don’t want my dealer looking at the door lock problem again ** , I will end up looking at them sometime soon I guess.

** they repaired them in the first year for the common problem of not operating correctly in cold weather, but managed to damage the gloss finish of the panel around the door handles in the process - they had to replace the door panels at my insistence)
    fq101.co.uk

A 453 exterior door panel costs £109+vat from a dealer and comes in your car's colour. Dealer has quoted an additional 2hrs labour (£200) to fit the panel. That's the same price as a bodyshop repair/respray, so, for my daughter, I'll have a go, guessing that the procedure is similar to 451, i.e. door mirror and door handle/lock off first, then trim then a pull ?
    Last edited by RedTop; 6th October 2018 at 15:46.

Yeah if you have your wits about you, take your time, protect surfaces etc (and take photo’s), it shouldn’t be too tricky
    fq101.co.uk

I wouldn't do it outside in this weather, you need to warm it up.

Thread Information