+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: No power to Clutch

Quote Originally Posted by tolsen123 View Post
    China made dust and waterproof rubber fuseholders and fuses just like most things these days.

Sorry I shouldn't ask you questions after the sun has gone way past your yardarm .......
    fq101.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by TheAlmostInvisibleMan
    China is an insulator , how does your car work ?

That made me laugh far more than it should

Quote Originally Posted by retroman
    That's the thing Mike, I'm not certain it's the ecu at all. I'm trial and error at the mo. Just cancelling out one thing then another.
    The first thing I'd do is unplug the relevant ECU connector and carefully inspect the pins on the connector and ECU for any signs of damage or corrosion. Disconnect the battery before unplugging the ECU.

If there is nothing obvious amiss then unclip the cover from the connector (you will need to cut the cable tie) and plug it back into the ECU, and reconnect battery. You should then be able to back probe the clutch actuator motor pins whilst someone operates the gear selector.

If you are getting nothing at that point it would be time to get the ECU out and whip the cover off.

Here is pinouts for all transmission actuators and sensors and corresponding pinout at ECU.
    I check wiring using a 21 watt test lamp, sometimes a headlamp bulb for actuator power leads.

Do the checks with the large ECU connector off. Use nails hammered flat, sewing pins etc etc as probes.

Column 1 is pins at ECU. Column 3 are pins at sensor or actuator. Take power from car battery. Useful to measure amps or voltage drop when testing.

yes I'm still here guys,
    Thanks tolsen. Yes I found your diagram on another thread and have been using it for reference
    Thanks Mike. yes the ECU and loom is out/exposed and everything seems to look ok. No breaks, no corrosion etc and current through all the relative wires/connection/pins.
    Now on to the ECU. pcb is out and no evidence of burning or water damage that I can see. Out come the magnifying glasses, and checking for the slightest sign of dry joints. can't see a thing.
    Soooo, on to the SAM unit. Same as the ECU but...........have a look at the next pic guys. This looks to me like a break in the pcb. Let me know if you agree.

Erm, can't seem to add an image. Clicking on icon and nowt happens
    Last edited by retroman; 28th September 2018 at 10:19.

Use image hosting.
    “[img]imagelinkaddress[/img]”
    Note no “” or it won’t work.

Yes the picture works ok. That is a common issue on the SAM PCB, but the parts that break of are usually between the copper tracks. I'd be surprised if your symptoms were caused by a SAM fault anyway, it's the ECU that controls the transmission.

Did you measure output voltage from the ECU? If you measure resistance between the actuator wires at the ECU plug (unplugged from ECU), with actuator connected, do you get a suitably low value? I would expect no more than a couple of ohms, probably less.

Thread Information