+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Key fob help!!

Default Key fob help!!

Hi everyone, my spare key fob isn't working so I changed the battery and still not working. I can get in by unlocking the boot manually but the immobiliser has been on and it won't start. (Used spare key for about a month but thought I should get it sorted incase anything happens to other one) tonight I got back in it again (unlocking boot) and the car is starting fine. So basically my key can't lock and unlock the car?... is this a case of reprogramming key? I have it booked in garage and they said 72 for reprogram but just want to make sure if that's what it sounds like? Thanks

Default Re: Key fob help!!

It could be a key that has developed a fault, or it could simply have become un-synced with the car.
    Attempting to re-sync the keys will uncover this .....

The key is never programmed , its the car that needs to sync itself to each key by programming.

Youll need to take both keys with you when you go for re-syncing , the guy will re-add each key to the car ... if the key has a fault it will fail to be added.
    (So Id ask him in that eventuality would he re-sync at a later stage for free (or cheap) when you have that faulty key repaired or replaced)
    fq101.co.uk

I sync Smart keys for a pint or two of ale per key. Remember all keys has to be done same time.

If only you were on the Isle of Wight! I've been quoted 72!!

Quote Originally Posted by smartie-iow View Post
    If only you were on the Isle of Wight! I've been quoted 72!!
    My Cabrio came from Isle of Wight. Noticed it was a very long drive to get home.

Arggggghhhhh ok so apparently need a whole new key 107 then reprogram it and current working one 72 plus 36 for them looking at it today!
    My car is prob only worth 800 now so don't like the idea of 200 to get key sorted!

Quote Originally Posted by smartie-iow View Post
    Arggggghhhhh ok so apparently need a whole new key 107 then reprogram it and current working one 72 plus 36 for them looking at it today!

So one key is confirmed faulty ?

They are usually repairable, keyfobs in general. .... it can be as simple as a TACT switch failing or becoming partially detached.... to a general resoldering of the components.

For a lot less than 107
    fq101.co.uk

Evilution has onfo on switch replacement: https://www.evilution.co.uk/index.ph...rical&mod=1071

PM me if you want to key fob checking over for problems and fixing, before you take it back for syncing again.
    fq101.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by TheAlmostInvisibleMan View Post
    PM me if you want to key fob checking over for problems and fixing, before you take it back for syncing again.
    Will message you now! Thanks

Thread Information