+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tweeting

Default Tweeting

Please could someone post a pic of their dash with the factory tweeters fitted. Iíve got the speaker upgrade in the post and Iím not sure where the tweeters should go. Many thanks! 😀

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: Tweeting

Just park them in the ‘corner’ either side, the tweeter will reflect off the screen to your ears so it’s of little consequence as long as they’re virtually in sight of you.

I seem to remember there needs to be a fixing screw from the underside and the entry point for the screw is visible from the underside as a part of the dash top moulding. (In the aforementioned ‘corner’)

This is roughly the ‘corner’

Here’s another rough location:
    https://i.ytimg.com/vi/c2Wft2ZdY1E/maxresdefault.jpg
    I fitted the upgrade to two of my smarts back in the day but it’s eons ago lol
    Last edited by TheAlmostInvisibleMan; 5th August 2018 at 21:04.
    fq101.co.uk

Default Tweeting

Quote Originally Posted by TheAlmostInvisibleMan View Post
    Just park them in the Ďcornerí either side, the tweeter will reflect off the screen to your ears so itís of little consequence as long as theyíre virtually in sight of you.

I seem to remember there needs to be a fixing screw from the underside and the entry point for the screw is visible from the underside as a part of the dash top moulding. (In the aforementioned Ďcornerí)

This is roughly the Ďcornerí

Hereís another rough location:
    https://i.ytimg.com/vi/c2Wft2ZdY1E/maxresdefault.jpg
    I fitted the upgrade to two of my smarts back in the day but itís eons ago lol
    Thatís great, thanks. 😎

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anyone is thinking of whether this is worth the effort or not, just do it - soooo much better!

Fitting is easy. There's a moulding for the mounting screw, on the back of the dash, in the corners. Drill through this to create a screw hole on the top of the dash and you just use a self tapper through the body of the tweeter. There are also two legs on the tweeter that also locate through the dash and I drilled holes either side of the screw hole to take the legs plus I drilled a third hole to pass the cable through. All straight forwards. It's worth getting the wiring loom included when you get the speaker bins and tweeters at this replaces the original wiring entirely, having the radio connector on the back. Evilution has a great article on the whole process and also removing the dash - which is dead easy once you have done it already!

Agreed, the ported speaker boxes and tweeters make an enormous difference to the sound quality. Well worth the effort if you can pick a set up for reasonable money.

Same here. Couldn't believe the difference the upgrade kit made.

I didn't even bother using the radio as the sound was so hollow and baseless. Actually sounds pretty decent now!

Out of interest, I think I paid £60 posted for the speaker bins, speakers, tweeters and loom.
    Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool....

Thread Information