+ Reply to Thread

Default Help! I've no idea what this is...

Pressure washed the underside of the 450 the other day, with the undertrays removed - preparing to waxoyle etc... After the festivities I found a thing on the ground:

I've no clue where to pop rivet it on to! - It's rectangular roughly 75mmx40mm with a raised lug at one end, black plastic, it has two slotted holes in it at right angles to each other and on opposite corners - the remnants of a pop rivet remain in one... At a slight angle to its length runs a raised 'tunnel' of roughly rectangular section ( 8mmx10mm approx, tapering out towards the bottom) the interior of which has raised 'serrations' - approx 3mm wide spaced at around 5mm...

I'm struggling to upload a picture as the 'insert picture' dialogue box pops up but won't browse my files... I've tried 'dragging' it in; but that just produces gibberish on screen. - But this is it http://www.matt-quinn.com/SmallMysteryBit-01.jpg

Numbers on it - 0011020 V001 - and what I think is just a plastics code >PA 66-GK30<
    Last edited by Matt Quinn; 11th July 2018 at 12:57.

Default Re: Help! I've no idea what this is...

The 0011020v001 is more or less the merc part number.

The GK code is , as you surmise the plastic composition , more or less:nylon with glass bead content.

But Ive never seen that particular part isolated like that though
    fq101.co.uk

I've spent the afternoon under the car re-routing and upgrading the horn wiring - and while there looked all over; just cant see where it might go. Tried searching the 'part' number - nuffink! I've just no clue what it is, though it's clearly been dislodged with the washing.

Was it found under the front or rear of the car ? , to one side perhaps ?
    I’m wondering if there’s one either side and you knew which side it fell off from you’d be able to check the other.
    fq101.co.uk

It was towards the rear of the car and right of the midline - but that's not saying much as the car is so tiny and anything blasted off wouldn't necessarily fall straight down. - Can't see anything resembling it, nor anywhere it might have come from. - I'm certain it wasn't there before I started so it's definitely off the Smart and not one of my other cars.

Thread Information