thesmartclub - the world's largest independent club for all things smart thesmartclub - the world's largest independent club for all things smart thesmartclub shop - the world's largest independent club for all things smart
+ Reply to Thread

Default Distortion - JBL kit (normal head unit)

Anyone else have a problem with distortion ... not particularly on loud passages

I'm becoming more certain it's on the DSP side of things , not the actual speakers ....

I can be listening to Piano music say (via the phone, which is via the USB) and get a slight background distortion at times (as said , not on particularly loud passages), seems to be centre and at least the drivers side.
    It kinda drives you mad, like Glenn Gould drives you mad with his humming.... in fact it's quite like that in the way it follows the music.

I've yet to try it via the analogue audio in ... (i.e. 3.5mm to 3.5mm)

I've seen similar to this on automotive Class D amps before now , at least I've still got some warranty remaining to get it sorted whatever it turns out to be ... software or some part of the hardware chain.

Anyone else ?
    fq101.co.uk

Default Re: Distortion - JBL kit (normal head unit)

Tweeters

They've been hiding the fact that they're knackered by being intermittent..... they are getting worse though so easier to pinpoint now.

I'll get Merc to replace them under warranty (as I reported the problem before the end of warranty.)

It's funny that the manchester Merc dealer didn't spot them as duff , and actually changed the JBL amp (under the passenger seat in a bid to fix the problem !!)....

That dealer has now been permanently dumped by me - forever more - for sales and for service.... absolute clowns and proven liars.
    fq101.co.uk

Thread Information