+ Reply to Thread

Default 450 Clutch adjustment in or near Cumbria

Hi, trying to find someone nearby that can adjust the actuator on my wifes 2004 450, im in Carlisle. Its getting a bit bunny hoppy when setting off or reversing with not many revs.

Thanks

Default Re: 450 Clutch adjustment in or near Cumbria

There’s a Guy in Ulverston

Search ‘cumbria’ on http://www.helpmysmart.com
    fq101.co.uk

Clutch adjustment needs only be carried out once so something is not right. Damage to wiring harness or faulty clutch actuator. Be prepared to empty your wallet.

It doesnt look like its ever been touched, still at the stock position. If it needs a new actuator then its getting a used one, spent a small fortune lately on the blummin thing. Wife bought the car new in 2004 and sold it 2006, little old woman has been pootling around in it for the past 12 years, bought it back for 600 quid and it needed some serious love. Replaced the SAM unit, ecu repaired, headlights, alternator, spark leads, plugs, been serviced and still needs a new exhaust. If it was any other car it would be scrapped lol

Quote Originally Posted by TheAlmostInvisibleMan View Post
    There’s a Guy in Ulverston

Search ‘cumbria’ on http://www.helpmysmart.com
    Which is Glyn at Cumbria Smart Cars ( http://www.discoverulverston.co.uk/cumbria-smart-cars/) I couldn't find him via your link. Never used him myself but has been helpful over the phone.

There are guides on't t'interweb about overhauling the clutch actuator and I suspect that is all that is needed.

Ive cleaned it out and sprayed white lithium grease inside, it has helped quite a bit but still a bit jumpy when cold, i suppose it is 14 years old. It probably could do with being driven as its only covered 1000 miles in 3 years.

Just a thought, prompted by your mention of low annual mileage, and that is to try charging the battery up.

Mine doesn't do many miles and can be quite jerky/snatchy on gear changes, particuarly until I've driven it a few miles. Charging the battery perhaps once a month on my Ctek charger solves the issue. Perhaps the battery is just a bit weak or low on charge, and not providing the oomph that everything needs.
    Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool....

Yeh ill give that a go, its worth a try. It doesnt get used much at the minute but my wife is starting a new job at the local hospital about 10 miles away so going to be a daily driver. Im quite enjoying fixing it up 😁

Glynn at Cumbria Smart Cars in Ulverston will sort you out.

Thread Information