VISIT OUR ONLINE SHOP Approved Used smarts from Mercedes-Benz/smart Retailers HERE

JOIN the CLUB HERE

+ Reply to Thread

Default New version of the TomTom MyDrive Connect app now says it's incompatible?

Hey People!

Short version: Tried to check to updates from Tomtom. TomTom MyDrive app now complains that I need an app called Smart Media Connect, and redirects me to the TomTom smart page, but this "new" software is nowhere to be found.

Longer version:
    I just plugged in my Smart Media System SD card and ran the TomTom MyDrive app I've bee using all along.
    It prompted me to install an update (using macOS, for the record), which I dutifully did. After completing the update (but still in the installer) it suddenly told me that the app isn't compatible with my device, and I needed to download the Smart Media Connect app (okay...?), which it offered to install.

It downloaded another installer (also called MyDrive Connect) and installed that. Once I ran the app, I could see the Smart Media Centre in my account list, but the moment I clicked on it, it complained again that I needed this Smart Media Connect app, and took me to the standard website.

Downloading that version was no different, and is still MyDrive Connect, but still complains that it needed this new "Smart Media Connect" app.

Obviously, now that I want to post screenshots, I'm getting "Our servers are currently busy. Please try again later" messages from within the app.

Does anyone have an idea what's going on?
    Third-time smartie owner. Currently proud owner of a red & white late 2016 smart fortwo prime 999cc with manual transmission.

Default Re: New version of the TomTom MyDrive Connect app now says it's incompatible?

I could take screenshots now:

Running the app gives me this

After the update, without my SD card plugged in:

Clicking on my device gives me this new error:
    Last edited by snorbaard; 29th May 2018 at 14:15.
    Third-time smartie owner. Currently proud owner of a red & white late 2016 smart fortwo prime 999cc with manual transmission.

Default Re: New version of the TomTom MyDrive Connect app now says it's incompatible?

Warranty job , let them deal with it.
    fq101.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by TheAlmostInvisibleMan View Post
    Warranty job , let them deal with it.
    I tried this when our FofFour was new, despite the 'visit your dealer' message that came up on the screen when it refused to turn off. A Smart dealer will just direct you back to TomTom. And TomTom will direct you back to Smart. Neither of them seems interested.

I got the same 'Not supported by Mydrive Connect' message when I tried to update my SD card last week. But the link to download Smart Media Connect seemed to work without a problem and I could then update the card as normal.

Smart Media Connect appears to be exactly the same as Mydrive Connect so who knows why they feel the need to confuse their customers further? I find it a PITA that I have to maintain this lousy media system anyway. If it was implemented properly in the first place it wouldn't need constant software updates.

I downloaded the new app as suggested and don't have any issues. Try https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/in-dash...started/smart/ . It's not difficult.

It's not a warranty issue as it isn't on the car it's on your PC system.
    David
    fortwo Cabrio, C453, 898cc, Auto, Prime Premium

Thread Information