+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Default Re: I broke down today :(

Quote Originally Posted by macbut999 View Post
    That part number is still valid
    Other part number A4515450432
    Is that a Euro 4 part number?

I am trying to find out if the Euro 4 and the Euro 5 are different.
    Last edited by Mjolinor; 14th June 2018 at 18:09.

So changed it back to the original and the one I have just taken off has the other part number.

That is one expensive mistake to make, six heater plugs at 22 each. :bawling:

Just around a week now and the car is behaving normally. It ended up costing me 26 each for the glow plugs, heartbreaking to get through 6 for a stupid assumption.

It needs sticking on FQ101 that they are significantly different controllers though they look the same. I suspect that the Euro 5 controller will work OK in a Euro 4 car but for sure the reverse is a no no.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    It needs sticking on FQ101 that they are significantly different controllers though they look the same. I suspect that the Euro 5 controller will work OK in a Euro 4 car but for sure the reverse is a no no.
    https://www.fq101.co.uk/contact-us

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=fq101.co.uk
    fq101.co.uk

Hmm. Had two tanks of fuel through this since I mended it. Previously my best MPG for a tank was 52 and it was as low as 42 on occasion. Since I did this I have had two tanks through it and got 65 for each tank, go figure.

In my humble opinion it is now far too hot for the glue plugs to come into operation so something else must be the cause for improved fuel economy.

Heaters still work every morning.

I know this because yesterday one packed up and it started on two and put the heater light on. I think the euro 5 engine always uses the glow plugs unless it is at working temperature or close to it.

A glow plug should last longer than a few weeks.
    Did you ream the bores when fitting now glow plugs? The expensive new plugs, head and sometimes the whole engine can suffer irreversible damage if glow plugs are not fitted right.
    It is difficult to feel when a plug bottoms out if its bore has not been reamed. Plug can then overheat and burn out.

I think that there was one that had been used with the wrong controller before I figured it out. I will replace and if another goes in the next 18 months then I will be seriously P****** off and try to find why but right now I am not overly concerned about it.

I didn't even clean them out. No need, they were copper slipped when I got the car so no sticking , finger tight all the way out and in then torqued.

Thread Information