VISIT OUR ONLINE SHOP Approved Used smarts from Mercedes-Benz/smart Retailers HERE

JOIN the CLUB HERE

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Coupe roof...

Default Coupe roof...

Hi everyone,

Slowly working through some bits and bobs on the 450, another on the list is the roof+headlining..

Basically, outside the to looks like it's wrapped in some kind of carbon fibre effect stuff, the top layer of which is peeling off.. inside, there headlining is slightly yellowy from the previous owners smoking habit, I haven't found an effective way to clean it, so I am not thinking about replacement.

So, can you buy headliners? Can I just peel the entire top layer off the roof? Can I replace the whole lot? Can I fit a panoramic sunroof?

Any advice welcomed!

Cheers

Default Re: Coupe roof...

You can definitely replace the entire roof panel (https://www.evilution.co.uk/index.ph...terior&mod=456) and the issue with the plastic roof peeling is well known - my 2002 Pure did this and it has no harmful effects apart from looking awful.

Refitting a panoramic roof is definitely possible but I couldn't say if the interior trim around the roof is different - I don't think it is for the fixed roof but I wouldn't hold me to it. Personally, I'd get a trimmer to replace the headlining once the roof is off, that is my plain to renovate my roof.

Default Re: Coupe roof...

Hmm, so is the plastic roof also bonded in? I think I will just rip the headlining out and stick something else up there, then peel the whole outer layer of plastic off the outside. If it is bonded in that is.

Thread Information