+ Reply to Thread

Default I have a 52 Pulse 450 and require an oil pan are all 450 pans interchangeable?

I have a 52 Pulse 450 and require an oil pan are all 450 pans interchangeable such as cabrio, passion etc with the 450?

Default Re: I have a 52 Pulse 450 and require an oil pan are all 450 pans interchangeable?

Same sump on all 450 and 452 Smart cars.
    I suggest you get one with drain plug.
    https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Engine-oil-...872.m2749.l264
    Use stainless steel bolts with washers when fitting.

Default Re: I have a 52 Pulse 450 and require an oil pan are all 450 pans interchangeable?

Yes they're interchangeable - I suggest you DON'T get one with a drain plug as they tend to leak, don't drain properly and give extra risk to catching the plug on rough ground.

Quote Originally Posted by 137699 View Post
    Yes they're interchangeable - I suggest you DON'T get one with a drain plug as they tend to leak, don't drain properly and give extra risk to catching the plug on rough ground.
    Some aftermarket sumps are poorly made and leave too much oil behind similar to sucking oil out with extractor pump. Sump in link in my previous post is one of the best I have seen.

Bottom of sump slopes towards the drain and its threaded boss is castelated allowing all oil to drain.

Sump plug has a reusable rubber seal. Not much chance of leaks.

Thread Information