+ Reply to Thread

Default Smart forfour - parking sensors installation

Hi,

I would like to install parking sensors in 2004 Smart ForFour Pulse. I have done it once in old Ford Fiesta - but there was easy access to all the cables near the lights.

I don't know this car YET so I don't know where the cables go and where is the best place to connect to them and to the sensors without destroying anything. Ps. I will install only the beeper and sensors - so no cables to any display will be required.

Anyone can help ?

Default Re: Smart forfour - parking sensors installation

Quote Originally Posted by kamepl View Post
    Hi,

I would like to install parking sensors in 2004 Smart ForFour Pulse. I have done it once in old Ford Fiesta - but there was easy access to all the cables near the lights.

I don't know this car YET so I don't know where the cables go and where is the best place to connect to them and to the sensors without destroying anything. Ps. I will install only the beeper and sensors - so no cables to any display will be required.

Anyone can help ?
    Howdy

I installed rear sensors, but via a rear number plate surround built in

I'm going to assume installation is the same as standard rear sensors, other than you require to drill and mount into the bumper

Only one reverse light so thats simple enough, open the boot, on the left behind the light assembly there is carpet or whatever you want to call it, literally just pull this away, think it has a few "poppers" connected onto the side of the car to keep it staying up, and behind that you'll have all the wires you'll need

I can't remember which is the reverse light wire, but take out the light assembly, its literally held on by two bolts, and pulls straight out
    With your rear sensor you'll have you live wire and negative, connect the negative to whichever bolt you can, I used the negative bolt behind the panel of the left side rear seat (can't miss it when you pull the panel off). Once that is connected put the car in reverse, use a bar or something if you need to hold the clutch down. and then with your "live" wire from the sensors, just keep prodding the connector wires until you hear a beep, remember the colour of the wire, and splice into that same colour wire behind the boot carpet

I'm rubbish at explaining, so if you need pictures let me know
    Although i'm way more active in http://www.forfour.co.uk/forum/

Thread Information