thesmartclub - the world's largest independent club for all things smart thesmartclub - the world's largest independent club for all things smart thesmartclub shop - the world's largest independent club for all things smart
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    Question New here - Looking to get a 451 Barbus Coupé

    Hi there, I’ve previously had a 451 Passion on an 08 but it was stolen, also has a Passion 04. Currently diving a TT TDi diesel 2008, which is the best all round car I’ve ever owned.

    Looking for a Brabus Coupé in 2008 onwards. Struggling to find much information on them, specifically:
    • Do they need Super Unleaded?
      Was power steering standard on the Brabus?
      How do I know if a car has the “comfort pack”?
      What were the changes between 2008 and 2012 models?
      Is there anything else I need to know?

    Many thanks!

  2. #2

    Default New here - Looking to get a 451 Barbus Coupé

    It all depends on your budget mate. I own a 2008 Brabus but have driven lots of 2011+ brabus cars.
    The main difference I noticed is the later cars feel slightly more comfortable and shift gears quicker.
    The interior is also slightly different.

    Power steering isn't standard on the brabus.

    I have also owned a 450 and a 451 mhd, but my brabus is easily the best smart iv owned.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ben-ten; 8th March 2018 at 22:25.

  3. #3

    Default Re: New here - Looking to get a 451 Barbus Coupé

    Thanks Ben, guess it will be harder to find a Power-Steering model, that’s want the wife wanted, that heated seats and a cup holder! 😂

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben-ten View Post
    It all depends on your budget mate. I own a 2008 Brabus but have driven lots of 2011+ brabus cars.
    The main difference I noticed is the later cars feel slightly more comfortable and shift gears quicker.
    The interior is also slightly different.

    Power steering isn't standard on the brabus.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  4. #4

    Default New here - Looking to get a 451 Barbus Coupé

    Quote Originally Posted by iPap View Post
    Thanks Ben, guess it will be harder to find a Power-Steering model, that’s want the wife wanted, that heated seats and a cup holder! 😂
    I believe most came with heated seats.

    Cup holders can be bought separately and easily fitted yourself.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Bury Lancs
    Posts
    241

    Default Re: New here - Looking to get a 451 Barbus Coupé

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben-ten View Post
    .....

    Power steering isn't standard on the brabus.

    ......
    Judging by the rarity of power steering on a 451 in general, I doubt it was standard on any of them. I looked around quite a few cars before I found mine with assisted steering ..... just happened to have heated leather, alarm, front fogs & a centre exit Brabus exhaust too )

  6. #6

    Default Re: New here - Looking to get a 451 Barbus Coupé

    Quote Originally Posted by EmilysDad View Post
    Judging by the rarity of power steering on a 451 in general, I doubt it was standard on any of them. I looked around quite a few cars before I found mine with assisted steering ..... just happened to have heated leather, alarm, front fogs & a centre exit Brabus exhaust too )
    How is the power/assures steering, do you like it? Would prefer a review from an owner, rather than people who don’t have it saying you don’t need it!

    Is it ok on the motorway?

    Thanks.

  7. #7

    Default Re: New here - Looking to get a 451 Barbus Coupé

    It’s a bit slow here I’ve noticed.

    Was unsure about an older car, so bought a year old Brabus Fortwo.

    Looking forwards to collecting this week.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts