thesmartclub - the world's largest independent club for all things smart thesmartclub - the world's largest independent club for all things smart thesmartclub shop - the world's largest independent club for all things smart
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Wind Screen Wipers Not Working - Help Please

Hi All,

Last week will all the cold weather my windscreen wipers decided to stop working. When I turn them on from inside the car, nothing works.

They went from working fine to nothing at all.

Any ideas what may be the problem?

Many thanks,

Ryan

Default Re: Wind Screen Wipers Not Working - Help Please

Did you check the fuse?
    Steve

Wot he say ^^^^
    If they were switched on while frozen to the screen or blocked by snow then likely the fuse will blow.
    2016, ForTwo cabriolet, 900 turbo, DCT, Prime Premium, unmodified.

Which car is this?
    fq101.co.uk

Do you hear any "whirring" sounds when you turn on the windscreen wipers? If yes, then maybe the arms from the motor to the wipe blades has come off. If Not, check the fuses first.

John

On my Roadster, water got into the motor casing so when very cold the water would freeze & prevent the wipers from working, as it thawed out, the wipers would work. I replaced just the motor from eBay.

Sorry for re-opening this thread; I am having issues to. The cold weather (at the time) caused my front and back wipers to stop working and also my radio does not come on automatically (manually, it only stays on for 30 minutes at a time).

I had the RAC look over the vehicle (I appreciate not a garage) and they said the fuses were not blown. I read online that the fuses can still be blown without looking out of ordinary so I have changed the appropriate fuses and still nothing. I would have thought giving my wipers, water and radio were affected it would have been the fuse.... I have run out of ideas?

Thanks

Sorry - 13 Plate Smart fortwo MHD Passion

The 30 minutes sounds like the radio is getting a permanent feed but not the ignition feed. Which with the wipers certainly sounds like an electrical break somewhere.
    Are you sure you've identified the correct fuse(s)? (I've not delved into Smart electrics, so can't help there, but there is often more than one set of fuses on modern cars.)
    2016, ForTwo cabriolet, 900 turbo, DCT, Prime Premium, unmodified.

Quote Originally Posted by dpmike View Post
    The 30 minutes sounds like the radio is getting a permanent feed but not the ignition feed.
    Yup, I'm with you on that, no ignition feed. Possibly water related damage in the fuse box if there are no fuses gone?

Should they beep if you open the door with the ignition on? I can't remember but if ignition live is adrift then maybe that beep is also not working (assuming it should have one)

Thread Information