+ Reply to Thread

Default Eco meter shift stopped working

Hi all - you know the economy thing that tells you how good (or bad in my case) you drive at the end of the journey? Well the top two meters still work but the 'Shift' indicator is always zero. I could have sworn that there were little arrows that guide you to shift up and down in the main wheel display - these are now gone!?

Its not a big thing but it IS annoying me! Any help would be great.

Default Re: Eco meter shift stopped working

Quote Originally Posted by ripkord View Post
    I could have sworn that there were little arrows that guide you to shift up and down in the main wheel display
    Wait !, you've got a wheel display ??

Could you just elaborate which precise part of the display isn't working now ? (see the owners manual link below pdf page 161 ish)

I'm presuming it's a DCT 'box and not a manual ?

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...SU5k81b4ksVe6W
    fq101.co.uk

On page 133 the image there on the bottom right, number 1. It's a manual I have but there was an up or a down arrow depending on which way it would want me to shift gears, for economical reasons. It's no longer there and as mentioned in the original post there's no 'rating' for shift either in the economy scoring. It's as if the can can no longer detect what gear I'm in (from a software perspective)

Before taking it to smart , I'd suggest disconnecting the battery , count to 3 and reconnect as cleanly/sharply as possible.
    fq101.co.uk

It's due a service anyway so will mention it to them, failing that will give it a try cheers

Thread Information