VISIT OUR ONLINE SHOP Approved Used smarts from Mercedes-Benz/smart Retailers HERE

JOIN the CLUB HERE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: City Coupe Passion 450 How to Sell!

At any rate, a new one is a bit out of our price range for the time being. Maybe one day.... It's good to know that the most recent ones are still good. It'll keep me in cars for ages!

Though I've not stripped a Smart's alternator, it can only be a seized bearing or two that need replacing. I'd replace the bearings ..... they're only a few quid each .... or at least get a local autospark to do them for you, then use the car.

Quote Originally Posted by EmilysDad View Post
    Though I've not stripped a Smart's alternator, it can only be a seized bearing or two that need replacing. I'd replace the bearings ..... they're only a few quid each .... or at least get a local autospark to do them for you, then use the car.
    It doesn’t seize at the bearings, it’s the close proximity of the stator to the rotor... this is where it rusts together.
    Last edited by TheAlmostInvisibleMan; 11th November 2017 at 22:54.
    fq101.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by TheAlmostInvisibleMan View Post
    It doesn’t seize at the bearings, it’s the close proximity of the stator to the rotor... this is where it rusts together.
    A few feet of emery cloth then after you've stripped it down .... )

Ir's easier to just pour some diesel in there and it is a better fix than stripping and using emery paper.

KEEP IT!!
    I have just bought another that came with a trailer, same symptoms, I also have had an 02 passion for 10 1/2 yrs, best most reliable car I have had. They will bury me with this car.......

Thread Information