VISIT OUR ONLINE SHOP Approved Used smarts from Mercedes-Benz/smart Retailers HERE

JOIN the CLUB HERE

+ Reply to Thread

Default Smart Dealerships sell so many cars they have given up talking to customers

I have been searching the country or should I say Smart dealerships for my ideal car a Brabus 453 Fortwo.

I saw what I was looking for at four Smart dealerships and made inquirers using their online inquiry forms. Three of these dealerships must have outstanding sales that they do not need to add to their yearly totals.

Smart York - Didn't bother to contact me on my inquiry
    Smart Greater Manchester - Didn't bother to contact me on my inquiry
    Smart Sheffield - Didn't bother to contact me on my inquiry
    Smart Swindon - Did contact me but couldn't remember the model they had on sale

If you can help it avoid the above. There are more helpful dealerships out there

Default Re: Smart Dealerships sell so many cars they have given up talking to customers

I've personally had very mixed experience with dealerships local to me in the midlands, but when I was looking to buy my forfour, I found Smart Brooklands, Smart of Milton Keynes and Smart of Lincoln (who I ultimately bought my forfour from) to have great knowledge of what they were selling and actually cared about you as a customer.

"elle est belle, votre petite auto Monsieur"

Default Re: Smart Dealerships sell so many cars they have given up talking to customers

In my experience I rarely get responses from these online forms. I applied for a test drive as they're offering a 25 Amazon voucher but I heard nothing. I often get emails offering free winter check or special MOT rates and I don't get responses when I fill in the forms. Not sure if it is indifference or the system not working. I did apply direct to smart of Ipswich for a test drive of a new cabriolet and they phoned me back very quickly and arranged for me to have a car overnight to get a good test run. Before I even picked the car up they were discussing buying options and models. They were definitely keen to sell me a car.

From what I have perceived by comments made by others over the years and my own experience, for almost any electronic communication thrown at car dealers the response rate is generally poor. No reply out of four doesn't really surprise me, but these days it is disappointing. (And to be fair many other companies are no better.)
    There are many possible reasons, so I won't attempt any analysis, but in general if I'm really interested and an initial 'e' contact doesn't get a response then I pick up the phone and call them.

I suppose the next question if that is the case and I don't doubt it why pursue online forms?

Speak to Poole, Basingstoke or Guildford. Sandown group, a revelation compared to the Sytner owned dealers!

Thread Information