thesmartclub - the world's largest independent club for all things smart thesmartclub - the world's largest independent club for all things smart thesmartclub shop - the world's largest independent club for all things smart
+ Reply to Thread

Default Upgrade to Smart Media System

Well after some miscommunications finally looks as though I'll be getting my Brabus 453. It has the normal radio and wanted to know if I can
    1. Upgrade to a Smart Media system.
    2. Cost of a unit
    3. Can I fit, is it a plug and play using existing radio connections
    4. Does it need any coding to pair up with the car?

Thanks in advance

Postnote

Default Re: Upgrade to Smart Media System

Not sure 🤔

You can look at my thread on opening up the standard head unit in the c453 section which has good rear shots of the connections and Corsri's thread on pulling out the touch screen version , not sure he did too many on the connections though, it has a lot of USB connectors on the rear that the standard head unit doesn't.
    fq101.co.uk

You can order the parts and it would be do-able, but it would be an extensive job I suspect given how integrated things are and the cabling system. I suspect it would also need to be coded to the car as well.

"elle est belle, votre petite auto Monsieur"

Thanks for your reply, I had thought that. But at the time of production they normally put all the wiring looms in even if the optional extra is not fitted then. Just as cheap for them.

I was wondering if anyone else had done this and what if any problems they encountered.

Quote Originally Posted by postnote View Post
    Thanks for your reply, I had thought that. But at the time of production they normally put all the wiring looms in even if the optional extra is not fitted then. Just as cheap for them..
    True ... to an extent .... it can be borderline cost wise whether they make a couple of main looms or just one..
    fq101.co.uk

I suppose would the only way to hide out is to pull the existing radio out and see what wiring is behind. Another question, would I have to buy the Media system from smart or are there other suppliers that deal with Smart products? Hate to pay top dollar at dealership

Hello, i am new on the 453, i bought a used car that used to belong to car2go; i have a few questions... is there a hard reset for the media system? Or engineering menu? I installed the POD on the left side but couldn't find the connector/cable... finally... to update the media system only at the dealer of is it done via wifi?

Thread Information