VISIT OUR ONLINE SHOP Approved Used smarts from Mercedes-Benz/smart Retailers HERE

JOIN the CLUB HERE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Default Re: 599cc ZEE diagnostics

[QUOTE=Mjolinor;214681]Clearly not a Tolsonian quote as a proper Tolsonian quote would have at least one sentence about cheap, good ale and Lidl in it and several pictures of home made tools that saved thrupence during the lifetime of the car.

Nowt wrong with cheap GOOD ale. IMHO, t'would hasten a quick recovery, if you were to pop along the coast to Bispham, and there to partake of said CGA in either the Bispham Hotel, or to Cleveleys and The Victoria. Both offer Sam Smiths cask bitter @ £2 a pint. Britains best I say! Mend well, mate!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    In case you were wondering where I have been it seems my engine is not really up to scratch. Three seriously non functional coronary arteries meant that I spent Christmas in Blackpool coronary unit. Mended and home now though.
    Just reread your post. Your own engine is failing? Hope it is curable.
    Iíve been quite worried my own is also on its last leg but happy to announce I survived both Christmas and Hogmanay without any headache or hiccup.

Quote Originally Posted by tolsen123 View Post
    Just reread your post. Your own engine is failing? Hope it is curable.
    I’ve been quite worried my own is also on its last leg but happy to announce I survived both Christmas and Hogmanay without any headache or hiccup.
    On the bright side I now have as many "springs" as my Smart car.

If you are worried about it then go get it checked. I am shocked at how knackered my coronary arteries are with no pain at all associated with it. One is completely blocked with no chance of repair without a bypass, one is delivering 0.5% of the volume that it should and one has a seriously diseased length of about 50 mm, again, bypass is the only cure.

Fortunately I seem to have grown an alternate source for the blocked one and hte heart itself is pumping fine (for now).

But NO PAIN and only a small amount of breathlessness for the last 12 months when I exerted myself. For the last year or so I have had to rest more frequently and if I tried to do more than 5 hours work on a car I got really tired.
    Last edited by Mjolinor; 9th January 2018 at 03:38.

Glad you're here to tell the tale! Amazing how the human body compensates for such massive problems with little in the way of warning signs.
    Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool....

Now have a ds150e on 2015r3 (on vista 32 bit of all things), anyone experienced anything useful with it on their travels? I need to resynch keys, which I know it won't do. So who was pleasantly surprised or otherwise, what it could accomplish? And does it "speak smart" or is it just generic stuff (E.g. fault codes?) Cheers folks!

I believe it will do keys on the 2003 onwards Smarts, just not earlier ZEE cars.

Smart wise, Iíve done a clutch adjustment, so the unit has paid for itself already.

I replaced the engine wiring loom on my Mumís Fiat Panda a couple of weeks ago and used Delphi to reset the phonic wheel adaptions afterwards.

My brothers BMW had the airbag warning light on, Delphi told me where the problem was which led to a loose connection, cleared the code and all good so far.

Itís leagues ahead of these simple hand held code readers that just give you a general idea of the problem, wouldnít be without mine
    Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool....

had a little play, and here is what I found, in the attached pdf. Evaperator will presumably be aircon (or is it anti perc control?), any help with other codes? i expected key out of range, but what about the rest,,,remember I have the key symbol and no lock/unlock, or start. Any thoughts folks? Ta in advance!!
    Attached Files

Thread Information