+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: 2007 ForTwo Reverse issue

Quote Originally Posted by nlel View Post
    Just heard from the main dealer, they want 78.75 for the software update but it took them a couple of days to reply. I've already booked it in with the independent for 88.20.

No worries in any case as the main dealer is 6 miles out of town whereas the independent is just round the corner so worth the 10 extra due to convenience.

fq101.co.uk

Just checked google maps, it's 4.6 miles to the main dealer so I would have to drive out there then either catch a bus back for 2 or get a friend to give me a lift back.

Then once the work is completed catch the bus back out there again for 2 or have a friend take me back out there, then drive back.

That's 4 on bus fares plus petrol which would be about 1 or relying on a friend to ferry me back and forth which puts them out.

For the sake of 9.45 I'd rather take it to the independent which is just around the corner. No bus fares or lifts and I can walk between home and the garage.

It's a 1hr 30 minute walk to the main dealer as well, don't fancy that either.
    Last edited by nlel; 7th September 2017 at 14:51.
    2019 Smart Fortwo Prime Premium Cabrio A453 Turbo 900cc 90hp
    R-Link Evolution Sat Nav/DAB with Android Auto, Bluetooth, USB, SD, AUX
    Heated Seats, Electric Mirrors, Air Con
    6-Speed Dual Clutch Automatic
    Rear Parking Sensors
    White with 15 Alloys

I would take main dealer and pay the extra. At the main dealer it goes in the database as having been done. If at anytime in the future, work is needed then that would be put back to the same state. It is also guaranteed that the dealer will have the latest possible update, not true for any pirated copy.

Mind you, having said that, I would argue like hell with the dealer that it should be free as it is not a problem that you have created, rather it is one of their making.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    I would take main dealer and pay the extra. At the main dealer it goes in the database as having been done. If at anytime in the future, work is needed then that would be put back to the same state. It is also guaranteed that the dealer will have the latest possible update, not true for any pirated copy.

Mind you, having said that, I would argue like hell with the dealer that it should be free as it is not a problem that you have created, rather it is one of their making.
    Thanks for the advice. The main dealer are actually cheaper but nearly the same once you add in travel costs (bus fare, petrol etc). It doesn't need to be the very latest version either as I believe every update since 2010 fixes the issue and I don't believe they are using pirated software.

With regard to getting it done for free the car is out of warranty so I can't argue with that.
    Rear Parking Sensors
    White with 15 Alloys

Don't say you weren't warned
    fq101.co.uk

If it is not a Mercedes dealer or a Smart dealer it is extremely unlikely to be pucker software.

A decent main dealer will be able to do it whilst you drink their coffee , it's half an hours work (translates to 1 hour chargeable labour) no need to get a bus or walk back and forth.

Book it in saying you're gonna wait
    fq101.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by nlel View Post
    With regard to getting it done for free the car is out of warranty so I can't argue with that.
    Warranty is nothing at all to do with it. That particular item has been shown to be faulty, not failing under warranty, there is a world of difference.

It's this independent https://www.ruellans.com. At least I know the independent won't charge me more than what they quoted. Last time I had my car serviced at the main dealer they quoted 278 but charged 405.

If it turns out to be something more than a software update then the main dealer would have me by the short and curlies.
    Last edited by nlel; 8th September 2017 at 09:02.
    Rear Parking Sensors
    White with 15 Alloys

Looks good methinks. Given how much you can tell from a web site.

Thread Information