thesmartclub - the world's largest independent club for all things smart thesmartclub - the world's largest independent club for all things smart thesmartclub shop - the world's largest independent club for all things smart
+ Reply to Thread

Default Smelling hot and eco score.

I was just wondering if my car should smell hot after going up very steep hills. I would expect it to. However passenger the other day doesn't think it is normal. Proxy prem plus manual non turbo.
    Also what are people getting as their average eco score.

Default Re: Smelling hot and eco score.

Mine's over a year old and still smells hot, almost to the point of something possibly burning. Like you I'm conecerned but pointless going to dealer, as they always send you away...waiting for something to pop...
    Smart 453 Fortwo Prime DCT Cabrio Titania on Black with JBL and DAB
    Hyundai Santa Fe Premium SE motorway Muncher

yes mine too, if you push the system it will smell.

my first time was after a long highway ride at 130 KM/H average, i stoped for petrol and a coffee, and as i came out of the car, the smell was there.
    really scare i called the dealer and said it was just fine as it was new..... WHATTTTTTTTTT......

now a days still smells sometimes under heat or loads of traffic or.... anyways many times....

Hmm... is it a rubbery smell? I doubt it will be tyres (beyond what is normal after a long drive), just trying to narrow that smell down.

No ocracoke, is more like a rubber burn smell, coming out of the rear.

I even went under the car in the petrol station i stoped, obviously they looked at me like if i was crazy.
    also looked behind the wheels, nothing.

just been driving a few months since that and still smells sometimes in warm conditions, thats all.

Ours often smells hot rubbery after I put it in the garage, but I've not noticed it driving.
    There is a little fan to the left of the engine which I guess is to try and keep the temperature in that enclosed space down, so they obviously expect it to be a bit warm.
    With any car when I stop at services I try to moderate my speed a bit on the last mile and after parking let the engine idle for a little to dissipate the hottest spots a bit. I got in the habit when we first got a car with a turbo as the manual said to do something like this.
    Of course SWMBO just hammers into the services and turns it off straightaway ...

Hello, the burning smell (Rubber) is the rubber off the tyres being thrown back onto the hot exhaust system if you have driven at high speeds or for long durations, nothing to worry about.

Dear Yellowhat, i note from your car details you have a JBL sound system fitted, i would like to fit the JBL tweeters to my standard sound system but MB say that they can not get the part numbers to order them and can only order them if i get a vin number of a car fitted with a JBL system a standard, would you be kind to give me your Vin number so that i can place an order, kind regards, Bryan.

I notice after Iíve driven the car for 23 miles and I get out to park there is a burning smell which Iíve always attributed to the car reaching operating temperature. Itís never worried me.

Iíve never noticed this smell whilst actually driving.
    2019 Smart Fortwo Prime Premium Cabrio A453 Turbo 900cc 90hp
    R-Link Evolution Sat Nav/DAB with Android Auto, Bluetooth, USB, SD, AUX
    Heated Seats, Electric Mirrors, Air Con
    6-Speed Dual Clutch Automatic
    Rear Parking Sensors
    White with 15Ē Alloys

Thread Information