VISIT OUR ONLINE SHOP Approved Used smarts from Mercedes-Benz/smart Retailers HERE

JOIN the CLUB HERE

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Remap a MHD?

Default Remap a MHD?

I wanted to find out if you can remap a 451 mhd. I am happy with the car but it does lack power. I am used to remapped 450. A respected company in North London offers a mhd remap for 175. Another respected independent told me you cannot remap a mhd. Which is right?

You can remap a mhd, but it is pointless as you won't feel the difference.
    From my knowledge, the most you can get from an Mhd is around 81bhp.

Get a turbo model, you can get 120+bhp from a remap alone.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Default Re: Remap a MHD?

Hmm... I reckon that although you could, as it is a NA engine, I am not really sure what benefit there would be without some serious work on the engine. I would think that if the ECU is the same as the 84bhp, then the process to remapping it would be the same. I can't imagine there being any extra strain on the belt but it would be something to consider I guess.

You'll gain more from a silicone hose & updated gearbox software. A map is both possible & does make some difference, we did all 3 on a night orange that the owner wanted to be more like his 84hp & he was happy with the final results.

Default Remap a MHD?

Quote Originally Posted by lil.smartie View Post
    You'll gain more from a silicone hose & updated gearbox software. A map is both possible & does make some difference, we did all 3 on a night orange that the owner wanted to be more like his 84hp & he was happy with the final results.
    Thanks for all the comments. Ill just have to spend more time in the roadster for the most fun.

I remember that car very well Kate !

Certain people stating that gearbox remaps didn't work. Then he had his gearbox mapped at the same time as we mapped his engine and fitted the hose and filter.

The owner of that cars then TOLD people how much quicker his gearchange was !

Thread Information