thesmartclub - the world's largest independent club for all things smart thesmartclub - the world's largest independent club for all things smart thesmartclub shop - the world's largest independent club for all things smart
+ Reply to Thread

Default Cabriolet roof remote operation

Can't find this in either the paper or electronic manuals.
    On the key fob there is a third button with a symbol suggesting it operates the roof, and we think the dealer demonstrated this (back before Christmas, so we haven't tried it since). My wife tried it yesterday and got nothing. When I got home I had a play and with the car locked, holding the button down got the roof to open to sunroof position. I released and repressed/held hoping it would either continue to open, per the console button operation, or maybe close, but nothing happened at all. Left it half a minute and tried again but still nothing.
    It all works as expected from the console switch.

Does anyone know what the remote operation should be?

Default Re: Cabriolet roof remote operation

I presume that yours is a 453 and a cabrio in which case you should be able to open the roof from the key by pushing the button for about 3-4 seconds. Its a long push so you dont do it by mistake ie when you have locked the car and you are walking away and the key is activated whilst it is your pocket?

Your Fob is working fine. It only opens the roof to sunroof position. The rest has to be done from the switch on the console. The fob will not close the roof or open it further than the first position.
    Smart 453 Fortwo Prime DCT Cabrio Titania on Black with JBL and DAB
    Hyundai Santa Fe Premium SE motorway Muncher

Quote Originally Posted by carmichael View Post
    I presume that yours is a 453 and a cabrio ...
    Yes, I carefully posted in the c453 section

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowhat View Post
    Your Fob is working fine. It only opens the roof to sunroof position. The rest has to be done from the switch on the console. The fob will not close the roof or open it further than the first position.
    Thanks. That fits with my testing.
    The icon on the fob buttons is a bit misleading as it shows a double ended arrow curving down over the back of the car. The reality would be better represented by a single arrow pointing backwards along the top of the car.

I find it quite funny that the coupe also has the button, even though it's a fixed roof!
    I had to test though just to make sure

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowhat View Post
    That's a step backwards, even from the 450 you would open the sunroof part, then keep holding it and the back would come down, are you sure it does not?

The 450 roof wasn't powered after the first open position. It went to the second position purely by its own weight and had to be physically pushed down to lock and lifted back to that position so that you could in turn close it with the console switch. The 451 and subsequently 453 roofs are powered all the way to the second position and can be returned to the fully closed position using the console switch without having to (stop and get out and) lift it on to the latches.
    Not a backward step at all.
    Smart 453 Fortwo Prime DCT Cabrio Titania on Black with JBL and DAB
    Hyundai Santa Fe Premium SE motorway Muncher

Possible that is your opinion, so from the fob the 450 can be fully lowered without getting in the car! Not bad..we have 450/451 and 453..

Thread Information