thesmartclub - the world's largest independent club for all things smart thesmartclub - the world's largest independent club for all things smart thesmartclub shop - the world's largest independent club for all things smart
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Smart Media System / Mirrorlink

Hi although i dont know which ver ive got but anyway on mine smartmedia ML works fine !.... u need to download on your phone via gooogle ap called MiRoamer and set on the phone carmode/mirrorlink and thats it....bad news is that so far ive found only this app working but keep on checking (and ML alliance is coordinated here in Poland at least what i could learn...so im sure i will get some more info bout this technology from the source

I've got the same issue with my 2016 Prime Premium Fortwo model. Mirror link enabled on my Samsung S6 edge plus but the car doesn't want to connect to it. Comes us with "USB not supported" or something similar. Have checked and re checked the media unit for mirrorlink in menu but there's nothing. Bit disappointed since they go on about the mirrorlink feature in the brochures and website. I found the mirrorlink official website to be unhelpful. Might contact TomTom to see if they can suggest anything .

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Has anyone got this to work with any Samsung phone? I have tried a S3, S5, S6, S7 S8 and Note 8 - when I connect any of them up it always shows "USB Device not supported". Thet all have MirrorLink enabled. Any ideas anyone? Thanks.

So was just given a ForTwo with Smart Media System (whilst my ForFour is in for a service) - plugged in my Samsung Note8 and it's all there and working - Android Car Play and Mirrorlink all fired up with no issues. Everything else looks the same....

Quote Originally Posted by Muttley33 View Post
    Has anyone got this to work with any Samsung phone? I have tried a S3, S5, S6, S7 S8 and Note 8 - when I connect any of them up it always shows "USB Device not supported". Thet all have MirrorLink enabled. Any ideas anyone? Thanks.
    I tried it and ran with Mirrorlink and a Samsung Galaxy S5 on a 2016-model. It's a bit frustrating, as Mirrorlink is *very* limited. I could get Apple Music and Stitcher and nothing else (no Spotify in South Africa). The only maps app that is certified for Mirrorlink is Sygic.

There's a bit of a workaround that you can do to get access to your phone's menus and run, say your Podcast app and Waze to work, which was my ultimate aim.
    If your unit supports Android Auto, I figure that would be far superior.

On the Apple side, it seems the Smart Media system cuts the legs off Siri though. I can get Siri to hear me, but it thinks for a second and then disappears. I've opened a bug report with Apple to find out if it's a bug on their side or something on the TomTom unit's side (I logged tickets with Tomtom but they just ignored me).

Third-time smartie owner in South Africa. Currently the proud owner of a red & white late 2016 smart ForTwo prime 999cc with manual transmission.

Quote Originally Posted by smartie89 View Post
    I've got the same issue with my 2016 Prime Premium Fortwo model. Mirror link enabled on my Samsung S6 edge plus but the car doesn't want to connect to it. Comes us with "USB not supported" or something similar. Have checked and re checked the media unit for mirrorlink in menu but there's nothing. Bit disappointed since they go on about the mirrorlink feature in the brochures and website. I found the mirrorlink official website to be unhelpful. Might contact TomTom to see if they can suggest anything .

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

To be truthful, Mirrorlink seems to be a dead-end as so few apps seem certified, and few phones support it.
    I'm hoping that we get the same software as the 2018 models at some point, which will enable Android Auto.

My dealer is replacing my head unit, and they said I'd get whatever the latest model is, so I'll report back to see if it is model-specific.

I got it running with an S5 with almost no fuss, so I don't know what I did right. Be aware that the "Mirrorlink" settings on the head unit jumps position between different versions of the TomTom firmware.

Third-time smartie owner in South Africa. Currently the proud owner of a red & white late 2016 smart ForTwo prime 999cc with manual transmission.

Thread Information