thesmartclub - the world's largest independent club for all things smart thesmartclub - the world's largest independent club for all things smart thesmartclub shop - the world's largest independent club for all things smart
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Smart Media System / Mirrorlink

Hi folks - got myself a 2016 forfour and was wondering if anyone has managed to get mirrorlink to work - according to the manual there should be a mirrorlink app in the services section of the menu (in the car) but I dont have it - just the usual tomtom live options.

Any ideas? Tried a couple of different USB wires with my phone (S7 Edge) to no avail

Default Re: Smart Media System / Mirrorlink

I may be wrong but I think this is in the Smart Premium Package.

I've got a Smart Fortwo Prime Premium and it has MirrorLink, my mum's ForFour does not.

You can try doing the software update maybe?

Got my Sony Xperia Z Ultra connected to Smart Multi media unit via Bluetooth and tried USB all OK everthing works Music,Video etc but no trip data recorded on phone?

Have you checked and update the software on your media system? I know it shows up on my media system, but I use an iPhone, so it won't work for me anyway.

"elle est belle, votre petite auto Monsieur"

It should have the functionality - premium plus line is in the car.

As for updates - I updated with the tomtom app on my pc last week - is there another way? (Was that just the maps??)

Thanks

Mine is a premium line car and has it. It should just show up in the menus. Have you had a look through the settings screens to see if anything needs tweaking in there too?

I updated mine a few weeks ago, but i've just checked the application again, and it's showing a new update release, so it might be worth applying that first and seeing if anything shows up. The new version is v11.341.

"elle est belle, votre petite auto Monsieur"

I updated my head unit and found the mirror link button on Services disappeared!

I plugged my phone in and it detected it as a ML device and did the usual.

On your S7 check in the Galaxy App store for the Car Mode and Mirror link apps. There is also an option under Connections-->Other Connection Options, where you can toggle MirrorLink on.

I haven't had much luck outside of LG Mirror working on my S6 Edge, no other apps do anything MirrorLink related.

Have mirrorlink enabled in the phone, i think the car is the issue - will check the version tonight and see if theres anything amiss - cheers

Quote Originally Posted by whittaker52 View Post
    Mine is a premium line car and has it. It should just show up in the menus. Have you had a look through the settings screens to see if anything needs tweaking in there too?

I updated mine a few weeks ago, but i've just checked the application again, and it's showing a new update release, so it might be worth applying that first and seeing if anything shows up. The new version is v11.341.
    yeah its version 11.336 I have, will try updating it again.

Did you get this to work? I'm having a similar problem with a Galaxy S8 - I connect via USB and enable mirrorlink on phone - then nothing. No menu option, nothing - how do I get Mirror Link to work?

Thread Information