VISIT OUR ONLINE SHOP Approved Used smarts from Mercedes-Benz/smart Retailers HERE

JOIN the CLUB HERE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: back on the road

Quote Originally Posted by TheAlmostInvisibleMan View Post
    You can have car wrapped in whatever colour you choose (I'm sure they'll have pink wrap)

It's just a very thin film of plastic that gets semi-permanantly stuck to your car.

So just ask a wrapping company if they can do pink, it's cheaper than painting the car (just)
    I saw Blackburn on their list too that would be handy, I am notsure I am keen on the new shape though... have you got one?

Yeah I love it , had it since sep15

I've gone throughout each model since 2002 , and this is the next natural progression .... go and drive both the turbo and the normal non-turbo engine , then choose manual gears (new for a smart!) , or the DCT 'auto' gearbox.

I went for a non-pink DCT turbo and I lurrrrrrve it
    Last edited by TheAlmostInvisibleMan; 23rd February 2017 at 18:39.
    fq101.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by TheAlmostInvisibleMan View Post
    Yeah I love it , had it since sep15

I've gone throughout each model since 2002 , and this is the next natural progression .... go and drive both the turbo and the normal non-turbo engine , then choose manual gears (new for a smart!) , or the DCT 'auto' gearbox.

I went for a non-pink DCT turbo and I lurrrrrrve it
    turbo non turbo whats all that about?
    I like automatic, I am not going back, I've got gears on my motorhome and it drives me MAD grrrr

Yep, I've now got the new forfour turbo DCT. Absolutely brilliant car, but a totally different experience to older generation smarts - much more refined. The new DCT gearbox is especially good, and is significantly more slick than the old auto box.

The turbo makes the car that much more driveable in all conditions (ie city, motorway etc) although it's not quite as good on fuel economy.

"elle est belle, votre petite auto Monsieur"

Quote Originally Posted by fat1 View Post
    turbo non turbo whats all that about?

The smart you're driving now is a turbo engine, so it makes sense to go for the same with the new one , they just offer one without a turbo too now also.... (less power)
    And if you like your current 'auto' then you need to choose the DCT model, bet you'd love it..

So choose the 90 engine and the DCT , they'll know exactly which you mean if you ask for those two specifications.
    fq101.co.uk

Hey Michelle! How you doing? Its been ages
    Now on to Smart number 9. W453 Forfour Passion that I only get to drive when my husband allows

Thread Information