thesmartclub - the world's largest independent club for all things smart thesmartclub - the world's largest independent club for all things smart thesmartclub shop - the world's largest independent club for all things smart
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Repair Manual

Default Repair Manual

Anyone know of a repair manual for Smart Cars? I mean an actual book, not a download.

Default Re: Repair Manual

There isn't one, not nowhere, nope, zilch, nada, nuffink.

Haynes, once upon a time were thinking about it, but the thinking lasted an afternoon, apparently cos of low sales, Haynes are pretty generic anyway, so no big loss lol

You can find lots of free help on here, or take a look round on fq101.co.uk

)
    fq101.co.uk

Bought CDs from ebay. They didn't work.

In what way didn't they work ?...

They do work (I've tried them), so you must have bought a dodgy set. (PS: They would have been on dvd usually (5 discs))
    fq101.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by 70worm View Post
    Anyone know of a repair manual for Smart Cars? I mean an actual book, not a download.2009
    Your best 'manual' is a forum like this. No manual has ever been made for the smart.

I do have several Haynes manuals sitting on my shelf. The first ones I bought was about the Citroen 2CV and the Kadett B, then the Fiat 128 3P. Later on the Lancia 1100, an Autobianchi 112E and the BMW 2002, a Kadett C, A Talbot VF II and so on... These were all simple 'analogue' cars.
    In todays digitized world you dont stand a chance trying to figure out what is wrong with your car by yourself. Its sad, but true.

Your 'book of wisdom' is as said a fora like this, as there is nothing written and buyable.

Some things are fun. Others are not

Frodie fancies fun over not

Introduction of the smart fortwop Model series 451, Introduction into Service Manual is very informative.
    https://1drv.ms/b/s!AB2ay1MO1McSiWQ

as there is nothing written and buyable.
    Yeah there is !, the Merc WIS discs
    fq101.co.uk

I use Evilution for help on Smart Car repairs. Click Here Only 10 a year if you want complete access.

This is where I come car for Smart help now.

So the first set I bought off of ebay "got lost in the mail" and the guy wanted me to register on some website and download it. I said no.

The second set I ordered off ebay, from a different seller had files that were not recognized by Microsoft. He then wanted me to register on a website and download the files instead. I also told him no.

That's just trying to get people to register on a website for advertising purposes. I've run into this before buying a game on cd and there ends up being no cd but instead you must register on a website for download and then come under attack by advertisements.

The DVD's I've bought (several times to update over the years) have been either RAR zipped files , for which you'll need winzip or similar to open up.

Precisely:
    1. How many discs did you get?
    2. What sort of 'not recognising' did windows do ?
    fq101.co.uk

Thread Information