VISIT OUR ONLINE SHOP Approved Used smarts from Mercedes-Benz/smart Retailers HERE

JOIN the CLUB HERE

+ Reply to Thread

Default 450 Headlight Adjusters Noisey. 2004

Big annoyance. Headlight adjusters. Kept making a noise. Only one when on full beam is searching for position. I never fiddled around with the switch leaving them on 0. Knowing they tend to cock-up in advance.

Is there any way of sorting them without rebuilding the lamp. or is just cleaning/replacing the adjusters for new? Does anyone know the part number. Manufacturer? Any experience would be well helpful. Just failed UK MOT on it. Going to have to pay for retest. Total miffed

Default Re: 450 Headlight Adjusters Noisey. 2004

You'll have to strip and service the adjusters , they are only available with the headlamp afaik.

http://www.fq101.co.uk/how-to-guides...adlight-motors
    fq101.co.uk

Will have to take the lamps apart. Find out whether or not the motor thread is stripped. Mis-aligned, unclipped or the potentiometer is dirty. I have noticed some moisture in the units in the wet weather. There is some adjustment motors on ebay that say they are suitable. So there is some hope. Does the adjuster get unattached by forcefully servicing the bulbs i.e. just becoming unclipped?
    Last edited by Jaser; 2nd September 2016 at 14:23.

The adjuster block is a self-contained entity , it has zero physical feedback from the lamp assembly itself , so if it's hunting/buzzing it's that block at fault, not simply unclipped.

I'm thankful of one benefit of the new C453 car is the adjusters are just bayonet (1/4 turn) screwed in and the adjuster is mostly external to the lamp assembly, just hooks into a rail inside the lamp assembly.
    fq101.co.uk

Headlamp adjusters can be sourced easily on eBay.

Thanks peeps. So it is quite a generic part. The adjuster. I will let you know as it progresses.

mine was doing that, as i never use the adjuster, i just put it between 0 & 1 noise goes away.
    Garry & Lisa - South Coast Smarts driving "GEORGE S700TRB" Black for two - sw-exclusive map
    http://www.southcoastsmarts.co.uk/

Thread Information