+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Car insurance

Default Re: Car insurance

Try the search engines confused.com etc.
    Steve

and then go direct to the one who comes up cheap (bearing in mind what defaqto level they offer and what you'd accept)

Bear in mind insurance isn't just insurance, there are different levels of 'standard' , look for a defaqto 5star company for the best level of cover.
    See here for further info https://www.defaqto.com/star-ratings/?id=46723
    fq101.co.uk

RAC quote just came in with 1558.94 thats as a second car with no no claims, then went to add nine years no claims if we were to sell the other car and transfer over , they said the under writer will not give you a quote .. ! Then she politely said is there any thing else I can help you with today sir.. ! No brainer....This is hard work.. Seems like I am working against a high tide and no rubber ring insight..

Just been down the classic car route thinking on a different angle as I have a 2cv, sadly Lancaster Insurance cant give me a quote either.. Keep trying..

Adrian Flux just came in at 446.00 third party fire and theft.. We are getting there need at least half of that knocking off ..

Compared the market came in at 247.47.. We are going in the right direction now..

I pay 170 or so for a 2003 700cc. No claims seems to make little difference, I took a new policy out last year for my Vaneo and they gave me 9 years no claims free, total 350, it makes no sense whatsoever.

TPF&T is now more expensive than fully comp generally but if you go for a low annual mileage it makes a huge difference, I do under 2k per annum with mine. Mostly if you go over that mileage all that happens is that they reduce the cover to TPF&T anyway.

Admiral just came in with 715.04.. not good enough..

Mine was 234.31 fully comp with 1 years NCD last time. Aged 40 with car in sig.
    2019 Smart Fortwo Prime Premium Cabrio A453 Turbo 900cc 90hp
    R-Link Evolution Sat Nav/DAB with Android Auto, Bluetooth, USB, SD, AUX
    Heated Seats, Electric Mirrors, Air Con
    6-Speed Dual Clutch Automatic
    Rear Parking Sensors
    White with 15 Alloys

This is great news people saying what you paid and with who.. I think I have one more to try for today then thats it.. Thank you to all who have contributed .. Much apprecaited..

Thread Information